Need help with Pioneer subs PLEASE

Username: Pioneernoob

Post Number: 1
Hey guys and gals. I have 2 12 inch Pioneer TS W30-4r subs and a 1500 watt planet audio monoblock amp. I already daisy channeled the subs and have them hooked up to the amp and everything but I'm having trouble tuning the amp without overheating the amp and the amp going into protection mode. Could someone please help me figure this out? I'm new to car audio and I'm struggling to get my subs to sound good. Btw the subs are in a dual port box if that makes a difference. Thanks alot!

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1952
Get a DMM and measure the voltage at the power input terminals of the amp, you should get at all times 13V or more at when the car is on.

Anyways what's the model of the amp, how are the woofers wired, etc.

Post Number: 2
It's a 1500w planet audio anrchy amp. Monoblock. Advertises 1100 rms. The pioneers are 1300w 50-300w rms each and I daisy channeled the subs to the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1961
Ok it should be this amp: Planet Audio AC1500.1M.

Do the test in the previous post. If you have 13V or more at the power input terminals then do this test:

Disconnect the subs and turn on the amp and see if it still enters protect.

Post Number: 3
Well the only time it enters protection mode is whenever you turn the gain up and the other dials up. As of now I have everything set to the lowest settings and they work but not to their full potential and they work for 20 minutes or so and then the amp gets too hot and enters protection mode on the lowest settings. The amp has good ventilation and everything thats why I'm confused. The amp should be plenty to push both subs but it just gets too hot. There's no fan that comes with it. And yes that is the amp that I have. I don't have a dmm but my brother does but I'm just waiting for him to have time to help me out. He used to mess around with subs and was pretty good at it but he's even confused.

Post Number: 4
I got ahold of my brother and he said I do have 13v power to the amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1963
Yes but the test should be done while you are playing loud and AT the power input terminals of the amp.

Then you can measure the final load to the amp which is done disconnecting the subs at the amp side and measuring impedance there, it should read 1.6 ohm or so if everything is alright if you are wired in parallel to 2 ohm.

Bass boost should be off and you need to know how to set your gains right, the head unit should have all bass settings to 0 db and loudness off.

Lastly if your enclosure is inefficient you will need to push more power to the amp to get the output you want which in turn can also generate overheating.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us