Amp has power but not playing

Username: Connorpetersen

Post Number: 1
I have power to my amp but it will not play I have checked my RCAs I even hooked different ones up too see if that was the problem but still nothing I even rewired the wires to my sub I can't figure out why my amp won't play it's not in protection mode either and u can even here the cooling fans turn on

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

West Covina, CA USA

Post Number: 1434
Is it an amp for sub or your speakers? Also, get a cheap coaxial to RCA adapter. Plug it into your phone and then into your amp. See if that gets you sound.

Post Number: 2
It's an amp for my sub it didn't even get hot when it stopped on me and and I have checked my fuses and everything I'm starting to think it just got fried but idk for sure can an amp fry without even getting warm?

Post Number: 3
I just can't see why it would fry up when I got it all of the settings were turned up really high so I tuned it down and then the next day it quite on me but then a few songs later it played a single beat so idk if it's fried for sure and now it just won't play at all

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1942
You are missing a lot of tests, maybe is your HU, maybe is bad grounding, bad battery, etc, you are not saying if this is a new install.. etc, model of the amp? used/new? model of the sub? good answers require complete questions.

Do you own a DMM? guess not, important tool to have.

And yes at the end of the day your amp may be a dud despite all your efforts so prepare eventually get something new.

Post Number: 4
We'll it's a 800 watt audiobahn and I don't think it's the hu or bad battery cause th amp wouldn't have power right? And the sub is a red label pyle and the amp is used bbut worked when I put it in and tuned it then the next day it just cut out

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1944
Yes you can have a badly grounded amp turn on and while idle it will behave normal but when bass hit and there's a large current draw, it goes out.

To be honest it doesn't matter what you think but what you can prove when you want to find an issue, it could be anything, I'd start getting a digital multimeter to do some tests.

You can test the amp separately in a friends car or elsewhere or have your whole setup checked out at the shop.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us