I have a zx1000.1 amp hooked up to 2 12" quantium audio Cozmik series subs along with a 850 amp 12v power cell battery. My wires are 4 gauge. I recently noticed that my fuse under the hood had melted and partially blown so I changed that. My amp still cuts off and wont even push the subs. Just today I realized it doesn't even pushes them at all now. So whats the problem?
It must be your cheap (probably no name wiring), you need to get a multimeter and measure the voltage at the input power terminals, when the car is running and the bass playing you should get no less than 13V at all times.
You should also make sure that your subs are wired to a final impedance of at least 2 ohm, the amp is not 1 ohm stable.
I know when I had a capacitor the V read 13.3V and would drop as low as 8.6V before it cut the system off. My dad said it was my battery not being strong enough. So is it the battery or should I change the wiring like you said?