Specs on What I got:
Amp: NITRO BMWX-3880 2-Channel 1000W Bridgeable Car Amplifier

BMWX 2-Channel MOSFET Bridgeable Car Amplifier
Max Power Rating: 500 watts x 2 chan.
Max power output: 1000 watts x 1 chan.
Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply
Wired remote bass level control included
LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
Selectable bass boost (0, +6, +12 dB at 45 Hz)
Soft delayed power turn on
Tri-mode capability
2/1 Channel operation
Speaker-level (high-level) inputs
Preamp RCA outputs to daisy chain multiple amps
2-Way System Protection circuitry (overheat, short circuit)

2 Ten inch Subwoofers:
Here is the Links:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20610C104/Kicker-10C104.html?tp=111&awkw=2528885270 5&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=6488473585&awdv=c#customer-reviews-tab

Problem: So I connect both sub woofers to the each channel of the amp so just postive and negative to each channel that is on the amp. When of the subwoofer works great and the other one just barely subs like a heart beat. I checked on a other amp and the sub works fine so both aren't blown. I bridge the subs and my protection light comes on my ground is good and the fuses are also not burned out. I am wondering if my amp is just not strong enough to power both subs???

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14860
Well, I tried to find specs on that amplifier you have, and I couldn't find ANY information on the RMS or continuous power output for the amplifier. It is a $50 class A/B amp, 2 ohm stereo, 4 ohm bridged mono stable, and if I had to guess, it's real power rating is closer to 50 watts per channel RMS. Those "peak" and "max" ratings of 500 and 1Kw are ridiculous and nowhere near accurate.
You are also using a pair of 4 ohm, single coil subs. Whoever told you that this was a good combination, had no understanding of electricity or car audio. You can't get full power from that amp with the two subs you have, due to the load the subs will present. You can get full power from the amp by setting it to bridged mode, and running ONE of your subs on it at 4 ohms mono.

If you want to use those two subs, here is my suggestion:
Use your Nitro amp for your front speakers in stereo, and buy a mono (one channel) class-D subwoofer amplifier, rated at about 500-600 watts RMS (not peak or max) that delivers full power at 2 ohms (not 1 ohm, unless it delivers the same power at 1 ohm as it does at 2 ohms, which some class D amps do.)

This will allow you to wire both subs in parallel to the mono sub amp, and get full power to both subs, while at the same time putting decent power to your front speakers, thereby allowing them to keep up with the subs, and not leave you with a car full of bass, and no vocals or anything else, which often happens when you use a head unit for the main speakers, and have subs with an amp.

the reason your amp isn't working, if it's not damaged, is most likely due to the gain on the amp being turned too far up. Turn the screw adjustment for the gain all the way down (counter-clockwise) then turn it up from there one-quarter turn, and leave it there. You're probably seetting the gain tooo high and causing the amp to clip, and go into protection mode by overdriving the input stage.
If an amplifier isn't loud enough for you with the gain set properly, don't turn the gain up and use it like a volumn knob. That's not what it's for. If the amp isn't loud enough, you just need a bigger amp. Turning the gain too far up is what causes an amp to go into clipping, sending DC voltage to the speakers, and this is what "blows" subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us