Need help with new system for my truck!

Username: Archangelalien

Post Number: 1
Hey guys! First poster here.

I have about 2 grand to sink into a real slammin system, something that can entertain/piss people off.

I have read countless reviews and it seems the Kicker Solo Baric L7 15's are what I want to go with. I want to go with 2 of them in the best box I can find, still not sure on the box though.

I am putting in a new deck that is double wide, that will allow me to play dvds and play music videos from youtube, ect.

I plan to install this system in my lifted 1995 Chevy Silverado 1500, but it looks like I may have to remove the back seat to be able to screw the box to the floor, which I am okay with since I Can't find a sub box with enough depth for the kickers.

I have no idea on ohms, amps or any of that technical stuff. I plan to buy the parts myself, but have it all professionally installed somewhere.

I need some help from some car audio entusiasts!

I want something that will shake cars next to me and set off car alarms. I want deep, truck rattling extreme bass that will get me pulled over for noise complaints.

I want to go go big!

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1843
Those L7s will need a 9-10 cubes net box and a 2KW RMS amplifier to perform as intended.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 930
Are you still working on putting a system together, Arch Alien?

Post Number: 3
I got a system put in. A pioneer deck, 2 kicker zx 1500.1 amps with a 4 channel amp for the front speakers. 2 folded horn boxes screwed together with 4 pioneer 12 2 ohm d champion series subs for my budget. Only after I left the install shop the two right subs stopped working. I checked the amp and deck fader and balance settings and it should be working.

Im headed to a new place tomorrow to have their work double checked and see what the problem is with the 2 subs that aren't thumping anymore.

I've run into massive power issues as well. My battery indicator literally flat lines and the amps are not even turned up to a quarter.

I'm looking at a 300 dollar battery and a damn alternator that can put out around 350. Plus doing the big 3 upgrade. Another 700 dollar expense.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 942
With 3k RMS plus a mids amp, you will certainly need an upgraded alt and a few batteries. It is no surprise that your voltmeter reads low. I am not too familiar with folded horn boxes, but it sounds.........

Anyways, if it were me, I would ditch the 4x Pioneer 12" and get 2x 18" for an increase in surface area of approximately 56 square inches. It would require much less wiring, headache, problems, woodwork, ect... and would sound damm good and quite possibly louder. Get quality subs from Sundown, Fi, AQ, DC, DD, SSA, or the like. Run each amp to each sub, ported, tuned to 32, ports and sub firing forwards. Get the biggest alt you can afford, and the best battery under the hood plus 2 more batts in the cab.

But that's me. You got any pics of this setup you can upload?

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 943
Also, not sure how knowledgeable you are in car audio, but the gain should not be turned all the way up. The install shop should most likely be able to set it properly. Too high, and you will clip your subs and burn them up. And running your system lower than 12 volts can and WILL damage your subs and amp.

Post Number: 4
I can tomorrow. In on my iphone. In stuck with the 4 12's but honestly they hit extremely hard and really tear up your ear drums. I just can't drive around with the at their max potential.

I'll get a new battery ad alternator and do the big 3 upgrade and then everything should just be fine. I'm already in 3 grand and honestly if t would work as intended I would be happy.

I was leery of these pioneer subs but they seriously hit really really hard.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 944
Are you not really concerned for SQ?

Post Number: 5
Honestly. I probably don't know what good sound quality is. All I know is I like bass an with that 5 channel amp and the speakers up front I can hear what they are saying perfectly fine. I replaced the back 6x4s as well.

I just hope after these power upgrades I can just roll around and shake my car and other cars without vehicle concerns

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 945
Haha I gotcha. Keep us updated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us