Review the list

Username: Pajarito_amarillo

Post Number: 1
Hello Friends: I write from Argentina.
I find the followin post in this forum about brand of car audio.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/628486.html
Is closed, and i can't reply.
Listed Phoenix Gold amplifiers like a questionable brand and i don't agree.
I think that's his story and new models should be higher up.
Sorry my bad english and wait your opinions.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1819
This company was great back in the day, as many others like it went downhill, PPI, Mb Quart, Hifonics, Soundstream are other examples. many others disappeared.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1821
This company was great back in the day, as many others like it went downhill, PPI, Mb Quart, Hifonics, Soundstream are other examples. many others disappeared.

Username: Attarki0r1oo

Post Number: 2
The Phoenix Gold brand has changed hands so many times it's ridiculous. Whoever used to make their stuff back when you thought they were good definitely dont anymore.

PPI and soundstream are owned by the same company (Epsilon), though PPI changed hands a few times before ending up there. MB Quart and Hifonics were also purchased by the same company (Maxxsonics).

MB and hifonics defnitely arent what they used to be but compared to what's generally available, they're not terrible.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
Maxxonics amps sound ok but specially their Hifonics amps have reliability issues and building materials are a junk, specially the cheap plastic sides they use now on their amps. And their subs are laughable toys.

OP there's still great current day products, if you are into SQ look for Arc Audio, Linear power, MC, audison, and many more, is just that they cost what they are worth.

Username: Pajarito_amarillo

Post Number: 2
I find that maxxonics sound is ok, but lying on your specifications.
The really bad thing in car audio is that the lie used to sell.
Obviously a good thing cost much more than some cheap, but the difference isn�t only price, big difference is in the sound quality.
Aamp of america is a new owner of Phoenix Gold, and his marketing strategy is return to the glory years of brand.
I find that the global trend is return to the sound quality and selling good products, without lies, can make good bussinees.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1826
Currently I hear they are just average amps and not overly reliable, hope they come up with better products, but from what I see the world trend is for best bang for the buck, no long term reliability products to keep business moving (the kind of stuff Maxxonics put out).

Bronze Member
Username: Angeljoe

Post Number: 16
I checked reviews for this company. He has positive reviews.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1906
Yes, besides spamming, I'm sure you are pretty knowledgeable about car audio.

I wouldn't put hifonics too much ahead of planet audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Turnerdaniel770

Post Number: 19
Phoenix Gold.. great company for car amplifiers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us