JVC NX7000 unit keeps resetting

Username: Shanked

Post Number: 1
I have a JVC NX 7000 Bought it brand new couple years back it worked fine for the past year or so. Mid this year I started experiencing the unit resetting constantly by it self like it had its mind of its own. It would reset then turn on blast music really loud then crash aka reset again. I got in contact with jvc and sent it out for repair through authorized depot took them about 1 1/2 month and 300$ the unit came back and it worked fine for the first hr or so when i drove it around then back to the same problem... sent it back again since i had 3 months warranty after repair. After the last time it came back the unit doesnt reset as often as it did before.. but it does here and there and the memories and setting get change or back to factory settings...

The problem mainly persisted when you press the volume up or down button the deck resseted at times or didnt do anything. then at times when you press volume up/down the deck goes to map..?! I have tried updating the deck a lot factory reset/ Initialization nothing seem to be able to fix this problem?!

When JVC sent it back to me they said they had to change the touch screen. then they said there was a wiring problem. My dad does have a habbit of cleaning my car with a really wet towel and I feel like water had gotten inside the touchscreen but since jvc said they changed the touchscreen the problem persist.

I have a Alpine m1000 amp and alpine f250 amp. I dont know where the problem is? I have installed this whole unit my self all the speaker wiring and everything i did my self I had a professional tune my system but that was it.. and the system ran fine for really long time and all the sudden this year the problem started when i didnt touch the unit that time... Any suggestions help? comments??!?!

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1663
JVC can't really fix their own stuff? many different complaints on this unit. My comment would be that I don't think you can really fix it. Buy a decent well reviewed HU from Pioneer or Alpine And don't let anyone wash your audio stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us