JL AUDIO 1000/1V2 OR ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1500BD

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillac

Post Number: 100
i dont know which one to buy i like the rockford fosgate amp but it looks like the Rockford would be harsh on my electrical but the JL WOULD BE JUST AS ROUGH AND I WOULD STILL have to work on my electrical the system subs are 2 13w6v2 ported in a cadillac CTS 08 I BELIEVE the alternator is 150 im thinking about getting a kinnectic battery like 2000 watt batter because the HO ALT IS WAY TO EXPENSIVE LIKE 600$ AND THEN i got to find instalation which well be another 600$$ probably
does anybody have the rockford fosgate and is it worth the 600$$ i am putting the amp at 4 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1532
Get that JL and you will not need to upgrade the ALT. Batteries are not rated in watts..lol.. do more homework so that you know what you are doing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
i found one they want me to pay 775$$ for it do you think thats a good price for it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1533
No $639 brand new, shipped here:

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Website/JL-Audio-1000-1V2-Slash-Mono-Amplif ier-1000-Watt-Amp-Digital-Circuitry-1V2/1000%5Bs%5D1V2.aspx

Only 2 left though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
so nobody cares about the ROCKFORD FOSGATE ITS CHEAPER THAN BOTH, that wouldnt go good with my 13w6v2

Gold Member

Post Number: 1536
The Rockford would push them harder, since RFs are underrated it would me more than their rated power. I would not recommend doing that on JL subs, also you would probably be nearer to top your electrical.. both are good amps but I like the JL better.

JL subs are not hard hitting subs either way, will sound nice though, if you want to hit hard with SQ you need the Fis, SSAs, AAs which slam way harder with quality. You keep neglecting those brands.. it's your business, I don't mind.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
this is what im getting
2 x 13w6v2 in ported box=$985$
JL 1000/1V2=$775
KICKER AMP WIRE 2 GUAGE=$209
PPI CAP=$125
THE BIG 3=$125
AND THEN INSTALATION Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1537
Forget the cap but get a new battery.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
today i baught the amp i was disapointed to see that it was silver and black i thought it was going to be white and black but whatever now im on to the next task wirirng and port size & BATTERY and (selling my 3 x 12w6v2 and my alpine M2000) $1000 BRAND NEW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us