Wiring Head Unit. Extra wires

Username: Trpiep01

Post Number: 9
I have a 2007 Dodge ram 1500. trying to put a sony xplod head unit. put all the wires together, but it wont power on when i turn on my pickup. there is also a brown wire, and orange/white wire and an extra black wire and an extra yellow wire. I have no idea what those are for. I have no clue why the head unit wont work. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1472
Take a look:

Upload

Post Number: 10
ok, but here is my question. i have 2 black ground wires, 2 yellow constant wires, an extra orange/white one, and a brown one that have nothing to hook up to. and when i plugged it in the head unit wouldnt light up.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1473
Ok Travis you only need to provide proper voltage to the terminals shown regardless of any extra terminals there may be.

You may need some voltmeter/multimeter to check that indeed you are getting proper voltage to each terminal.

The yellow one needs to have +12V permanently, the red should have +12V when your car is on. The black one goes to chassis ground.

With those 3 it should light up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
alright. i have them hooked up how it says it is suppose to be, maybe i'll have to get a voltmeter hooked up to it. i was just confused as to why there are two ground wires and two yellow 12v wires... thanks for your help i will check it out!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us