My amp wont work.

Username: Paulm1985

Post Number: 2
Hello I have a massive audio p1500.1 with two fosgate P1's and a spl compactior. my problem is I was beating hard for about a month then yesterday night the amp turned off. thinking it was a wire cause when i moved the head unit it turned on for about 2 min then shut off. well I cchecked all fuses and notthing. but when i turn on the stereo it comes on for a split second then the blue color in the middle fades. but like i said only literaly for a split sec. So i did the remote wire test. 12v ter on the amp to the remote terminal on the amp. it does the same split second. Ijust had it fixed 2 months ago. and now this. I aint the radio cause i hooked another one up. and it aint the amp cause I hooked a diffrent amy a 800 w sony explode brand new still ib the box amp still notthing. so I took the compacitor out of the equastion and still notthing. can someone please help me before i get angy and throw 400 out the window. I aint a rookie i've been hooking up stereos for 7 years and never faced this problem. I ever re scrached the metal just ot make sure. any advie would help please.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14588
you either have a short, or the amp is clipping and going into thermal protection.. or the amp is shot.

the capacitor isn't helping you. if the charging system isn't sufficient for the amp, you need a larger alternator.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us