Amp problem

Username: Georgeka

Post Number: 6
Hi everyone,
well after all your help a months ago my sub was working and everything was going well. untill the other night i hit my door and it wouldnt close properly and someone tried to steel things from it within the 2 minutes it had been up my drive so i had to take everything out inc amp and sub from the boot. anyway i went to put it all back together today and the amp wouldnt switch on. checked all the cables with a multi meter and there all okay. all fuse are okay. main thing is when checking the cables straight from the battery i am getting the 12v but when i am checking them when they are attached to the amp i am only getting around 5v so there seems somethings wrong inside the amp.
any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Post Number: 7
also i after only pluging in the rca cables just to try it it turned on and it worked as normal an after switching the engine off and trying again it didnt work again as it was just before

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1293
Are you getting 5 volt on the battery terminals when the amp is on?

Post Number: 8
yes when the engine is running and all the cables are connected as usual, just the blue light doesnt show and the music doesnt play but it gets a reading of 5volts when the connnect to the amp but when i test the wire not touching the amp i get 12v. maybe my conections from the wires the amp are not good but they seemed to work before

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1294
It's normal that the amp won't turn on with 5 Volts, if you had 5 volts on the battery, the car wouldn't start either.

Redo all connections : chassis to ground, check the fuse and fuse holder and the connecton to the battery.. exchange anything that looks abnormal.

If the amp is not blowing fuses you should get 12 V or so at it's terminals either way.

Post Number: 9
all the conections are fine apart from the ones that connect to the amp they seem a bit dodgy. is there a guide anywhere on how to crimp big terminals i can never seem to do it i always and up over lapping them

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 453
How to crimp - http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?t=329220
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us