New Speakers for my car

Username: Afterhourscafé

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone. I just registered to the forum and am glad I can post my question here.

I have a VW Jetta and I am looking to change the base-model speakers provided with some new better quality ones. A friend of nine recommended that I have a look speakers: http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/131/201/TS-Q131C/index.html

Anyone had experience with changing their speakers before and what should I know about it? Also, would these really be compatible with my model VW? most importantly, do I need to install additional tools such as an amplifier or just the speakers would do?

Thanks for all your help.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1201
Hello, welcome, before anything the year and any additional details you can provide are necessary like sedan/ wagon, 4/2 doors etc. to provide the right advise.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1419
Like Joe Durkham stated, more specific vehicle information will be required before anyone here would be able to provide more detailed information.

Also, it would be good to know exactly how far you plan on upgrading your VW's Audio System. Are you just replacing Factory Speakers, keeping the Factory Head Unit or add an Aftermarket Head Unit, adding any Amplifiers or Subwoofers? You know, things like that.

As far as those Pioneer TS-Q131C Speakers are concerned, they are a good replacement if your simply looking to upgrade from Factory Speakers and power them through your Head Unit. However, if you looking to add an Amplifier, I would suggest looking into something else.

Also, knowing your budget on what your looking to spend on everything is good to know as well!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us