Need help with battery

Bronze Member
Username: E3_overkill

Post Number: 69
hey guys,
I,m looking into adding another battery into my system. i need your guys opinion on which kind of battery i should get, and which size of battery i should get as well.
My system
(2) SA-12 sundown audio
MB Quarts 1500.1D @ 1ohm
PowerBass ASA 400.4X
with adding some components, and coaxial s
maybe hertz high energy or hybrid audios

so my question is which battery should i get and what size?
i was thinking about KHC 2400 kinetik
im not sure if that's to big, im not to sure on batteries but how can they hurt your system?thanks you guys if you can respond i really appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 990
Hi E3_overkill, you need an HO alternator at that power level, I don't know which battery you currently have though.

Adding a second battery to a system with a stock alternator could eventually end up damaging the alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Dang bro
that's depressing !! Well my problem of course i can put on on my car. cause i have a 98 c280 Mercedes, and it cant take a larger alt. but my stock alt is a Bosch 115amp. and i cant fin anyone that's does recoiling. so adding another battery just going to burn up the alt?

Bronze Member
Username: Dcollister440

Post Number: 76
Where are you located at? check around for a car electric place...I couldn't find an exact fit for my Lexus, except for the fitzall, and I don't really trust that.....but anyways I found a car electric place that does recoils for less than any other place I've found...They were going to recoil an alt to ~180-200a and install it for like $200....where do you live? I could give you the contact info and you could call and see if they could hook you up

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1005
Yes a proper mod of your stock alt remains a good option.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
i live in fort myers fl. the lame place on this earth possibly. but yeah definitely yeah give me contact info that would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Dcollister440

Post Number: 77
Broadway electric
7825 North Avenue Lemon Grove, CA 91945-1825
(619) 461-4555
hit them up and let them know what you want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us