Suggestions for HU in grand livina

Username: Pocaboo

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,

I need suggestions for which is better between Sony XAV-622 and Pioneer AVH-2350 to be installed in my nissan grand livina. I asked some friends and audio shops but the answer is 50-50, some of them said sony is better since it has a built-in processor, which I don't know what processor, but they said if I'm going to upgrade my car sound system in the future, definitely go for sony. While some of them also said pick pioneer because the sound quality is better than sony and if I want to sell it in the future it will have a better price?

There is quite a remarkable price difference between the two HU, but cheap doesn't always worse and expensive does not always better, right?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 979
Strange, they all have processors (maybe you are being unspecific) honestly your first concern should be reliability, and many Sony products have done badly in the past, sound quality is best on Alpine and Pioneer head units, unless you are looking at some specific features I would suggest the following (very inexpensive):

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32848_Pioneer-AVH-P2300DVD.html

Username: Pocaboo

Post Number: 2
Yeah I feel it strange too, I know I'm a little bit unspecific here because I also don't know much about car audio, they just said that if someday I want to change my car audio system (better speaker, power, etc...) then I should get sony xav-622, because if I get the pioneer avh-2350 I will have to buy the "processor" for about $1,100 first to make it perform as well as the sony, so what is this "processor" they are talking about? any idea? F.Y.I. two car audio professionals in town said the same thing to me. Personally I like pioneer better (for the already well-known audio quality for many years), but if what they said was right about the "processor" in sony, which also has a bigger screen and much better resolution, maybe I will also reconsider it... and also yeah I know that sony products have done badly in the past and never won the competition with Alpine or Pioneer, but is it still like that until now? because I see many pioneer fans also consider sony head units nowadays....
Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 984
Well unless I am missing something major there is no need for any processor for it, much less a $1100 one, take a look at the manual:

http://www.pioneer-latin.com/downloads/operating%20manual%20(avh-2350dvd)%20-%20 eng.pdf

Only higher end Alpine HUs use this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PXAH100/Alpine-PXA-H100-IMPRINT-Au dio-Processor.html

Which in fact will improve the performance of your audio system.

I have read a couple of posts saying that their worst (Xplod) is behind them but nothing like groundbreaking sound quality improvements. And that claim of an expensive processor for the Pioneer sound like intimidation to me.

I would compare carefully the specs of each one to see if I found any features that I am interested in and buy accordingly.

I have listened many Sony audio and performs really mediocre as far as sound quality goes but if you are going to use only your stock speakers then I guess It won't much of a make a difference. In fact if you can play with it in some best buy that could help you make your mind about that.

Username: Niloy

California, United States Bangladesh

Post Number: 8
Go for Pioneer. It's one of the leading brand in car audio industry and providing quality products since a long time.
Currently in the market best pioneer headunits are -
Single din -
Pioneer DEH-X6600BT
Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Double Din -
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
Pioneer AVH-280BT

Check out the reviews of these headunits here -
http://carmusiclab.com/best-head-unit/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video