Need help with cd stereo error

Username: Confuzion

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 1
my cd player plays for less then a minute a day, if i let the car sit a few hours then turn it on itll work a minute then the laser just stops and seems to do nothing. the radio has sound on stations, and theres no loss of power. this happened before over a year ago and i thought well i guess the laser lens is going bad and then all of a sudden one day it worked again and i had no problems for over a entire year and now the same problem again. before it did this it was skipping alot before it failed to this. i tried a laser cleaning kit a few times now playing it quickly each time i start the car and so far it hasnt done anything. i have no clue if theres anything i can do to fix this or just throw it in the trash? the cd doesnt say error or anything, it turns on and accepts the cd and says whatever track im on and just does nothing i can hear it not spinning it just stops and then displays no time or anything it ust says the track and __. for some reason the radio seems to reset the process when its turned off and sitting for a while to be able to play for a minute or 2 then just comes to a hault again.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 972
This is going to cost you less than a repair:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29010_Pioneer-DEH-1300MP.html

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 4
thanks man, i think im just going to throw in a little bit more money and get something with a dvd player. its gonna take a few days though so this was kind of my last hope to see if there was just a easy fix by any chance to revive it. i wasnt going to take it to get repaired or anything because it was just a cheap jvc radio thats a few years old. i guess i got my moneys worth out of it

Silver Member

Post Number: 974
Nevermind thomas. If you would like some suggestions on DVD player HUs just mention price, double or single din or other details.

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 5
well im looking to spend about 300$ and dont really want to go over about 350$

i need a single din dvd player, usb port, (sd card also but this isnt a must because usb is good enough), seperate subwoofer plugs in the back would be nice if possible, and the most important piece would be a faceplate on it if possible id be willing to pay more for a radio with a faceplate because i live in a bad area. also around 200 watts or 50times4 in the radio would be good, or maybe 150 but rather have 200.

i looked at a few on crutchfield and best buy and saw a few for 170 200 and 300 they all looked ok. i was big into radio stuff 10 yrs ago and now i have no clue what the recent crap products have been and what the good recent stuff is. i dont need anything competitive this is just for myself and the passenger

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 6
oh also touchscreen would be cool, im not sure if most dvd players are touch screen or not

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 7
i researched for a while and i think im going to order this one Jensen - 40W x 4 Apple® iPod®-/Satellite Radio-/HD Radio-Ready DVD Deck
Model: VM9314 | SKU: 2045097 250$ best buy

Silver Member

Post Number: 981
Yes, for the price I couldn't find anything I could recommend, only this sort of devices like the one you picked.. just bear in mind that the flip-outs fail easily, must be handled with great care.

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 8
i appreciate you looking, i just ordered that one. as long as i get a few years out of it ill be happy. i dont drive much these days but when i do its usually back and forth all day driving people around

Silver Member

Post Number: 982
For the price it doesn't get any better than that thomas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us