Is my bose sound system good?

Username: Jdubin94

Post Number: 2
Okay. So i just bought a car and it came with a bose sound system. I know bose does not make car speakers. I was wondering that if compared to something like JL speakers, is bose even good?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 568
If you like how it sounds then its good, if not, it's time upgrade (yes upgrade).

Post Number: 3
If I like the SQ but I just wanted them to be louder, would and amp do the trick?

Silver Member

Post Number: 570
Yes there are some adapter cables to interface the bose stock system to some amp and then add a sub, if some extra bass is what you want, if you want everything louder and better I would just skip adapters and place an aftermarket system.

Post Number: 4
Ok. So what are a good set of component speakers that are not too much money .. I read someone else's post and you recommended polk.... Also, if I wanted to have these speakers hooked up to an amp, does that mean I would need another amp for my sub that I want to put in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 577
No, you can power a sub and a component set with a single amp like this:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33005_MB-Quart-FX4.100.html

It will provide 100W RMS per channel to a component set and
400W RMS to a sub.

That's more power than many people can take, in fact there are lower powered models for $109 and $119.

For a minimal upgrade you will need the amp, an adapter cable, a sub and a component set.

I would recommend on speakers/sub depending on the type of music you listen and your total budget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us