Install amp to factory speaker, HU

A for amp help plz !!
Unregistered guest
i am new at this. i just bought a legacy 300 watt amp. i need to install it but a little confused. the power cable connects the battery and fuse and the amp. The ground wire can be attached to the chasis for proper ground. But how do i connect the factory speaker and the factory Head unit to the amp. i found out the blue turn on wire goes in the amp remote terminal. plz help me with the wiring of speaker and HU to amp.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 249
You must run RCA's from HU to amp and connect the speakers to the amp. On the other hand, if your HU doesn't have RCA's outputs, make sure the amp accepts high level signal. If it does, you must relocate the speakers wires to the amp (high level input), and then, run new speakers wires from the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4220
if the amplifier has "high level" or "speaker level" inputs, you use those to tap into the rear speaker leads of the factory system to get your audio signal.
otherwise you need an "LOC" or line-out converter at the factory head unit to convert to an RCA low level signal for the amplifier.
the remote wire from the amp can be connected to any switched ignition lead at the fuse box if you're using the stock ehad unit.
what are you powering with the amp? subs to add low end to the factory system?

A for amp help plz !!
Unregistered guest
i got 2 10" 500 watt pioneer subs..i know they are kinda too much for that small amp but i got them for real cheap deal..so now thinking to hook those up to the factory HU and factory speaker..powered by the car battery. so basically 2 subs, 4 factory speakers to the 300 watt amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us