2 mtx thunder 6000 subs, which amp?

new guy
Unregistered guest
I have 2 mtx thunder 6000 subs single voice coil, 4 ohms. What is an affordable good quality amp that I should get, and how should i wire it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 412
Are you going ported or sealed box.

new guy
Unregistered guest
sealed box

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 413
How much are you looking to spend?

new guy
Unregistered guest
less than 300, give or take 50 bucks.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 414
I would take a look at the xtant A6001T or the jbl 600.1. Both are very good quality amp and will cost about the same. The jbl will proably cost you less but the xtant has a few more features compared to the jbl. If your going sealed I would get whatever amp is cheaper. If you are thinking about going ported later on get the xtant. Check out ebay for both amps and you can get both for under 300.00 bucks. You may also want to check out the kicker kx600.1 which would be on the same level as the xtant. So whichever of those amps you can get cheaper with the sealed box will work for ya.

new guy
Unregistered guest
how would i wire that?

thanks.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 415
Well since they are svc 4 ohm if the amp has 2 speaker inputs you would wire one sub to the left channel and one to the right channel. If they only have one speaker input you would still connect speaker wire to the positive and negative of each speaker then combine the negative and positive to one pair of speaker wire and run it to the amp.

new guy
Unregistered guest
i've heard that jbl amps werent that great because they have a high thd % is that true?

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 416
Everything that ive heard about jbl is good reviews and solid amps. I wouldnt have a problem running any of those amps that I stated. I know alot of people who run jbl amps with no problems what so ever.

new guy
Unregistered guest
thanks for the help davids2004.

I just wanted to make sure before I go ahead and buy anything, I've heard that the total harmonic distortion on the jbl amps would be a noticable difference because it's 1.0%.. anyone know about this?

new guy
Unregistered guest
anybody?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us