Amp wont turn back on

Username: Csbops

Post Number: 1
My Buddy & I was moving his Amp from one spot to another we hooked everything back up just right. Now the amp wont turn on. everything is in the right place.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 448
If you changed the ground to chassis connection that new connection should be bare metal to bare metal, no paint or dirt.

If you can post a pic of the connections along with the model of the amp I could tell you is I see something wrong.

Post Number: 2
We get full power to the amp I mean it still in the trunk we just put mounted it to the back seat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
Any lights on the amp are on when you turn on the head unit?? or its all off.

Post Number: 3
Nope no lights turn on Band new fuse. I mean I was working 20mins before we un hooked everything.

Silver Member

Post Number: 453
I don't know what amp you have but most have fuses if you know for sure that those are OK then there should be another one near the battery, remember that sometimes look ok and they are not, they have to be unmounted to look for anything unusual.

Also in the place where power cables connect to the amp there is a third terminal that usually is marked "REMOTE ON" a small cable coming from the head unit is connected there it should be tightly connected, check that is the case.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1387
If you did not disconnect the Battery before unhooking all of the cables on the Amplifier and re-attatched them after mounting it in it's new location, there could be a high chance that you may have blown the Amplifier.

Furthermore, make sure to check ALL of your fuses. This includes on the Amplifier itself, the Inline Fuse (under the hood), and your Fuse Box for the Vehicle itself.

Also, im not sure where you have installed the REM wire but make sure that it has not disconnected from either the Amplfier or it's source (Deck, Fuse Box, ect... ect..)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us