Hydrolic<sp> alternators sources.

Username: Desslok

Post Number: 2
I live out of my uhaul van. I am putting to gether a system for watching satalite tv and dvd's with a mild audio set up. I will be useing a bank of batteries to power the system while the veheicle is parked at night my questions have to do with charging the battery bank. I am thinking of useing a series of 4-5 ho hydrolic alternators to charg the bank of batteries back up. I have seen pictures of thes hydrolic alternators in magizines but I cant seem to find outfits that are selling them. can anyone tell me where I can find these things ?
thx.

Anonymous

Why dont you save that money for a house?

Post Number: 3
Why do you care ? I live the way I want to.
Why are these hydraulic Alternators such a secret I still havent found a sourse for them.
yet pop open any car audio mag and in big systems there they are.. sombody please tell me who makes these things ..

Anonymous

Let me set you straight...I don't care how you live just think that there are better ways to live then in a truck. You can live in the subway system and power your stereo of the electric track for all I care. I have the right to free speech and excercised it. I find it sad that people in the US are more worried about material items then having a decent shelter. Take for example people who live in shacks and drive Mercedes, Lexus, etc. Anyway, Stanley makes these. Here is a link to a PDF. You can contact them and find a place that sells them.

http://www.stanley-hydraulic-tools.com/Hand%20Held/PDFs/Al35_spec.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4259
www.4alterstart.com should be able to order them in.

Post Number: 4
Ok, this is going off topic but let me say this being mobile has great bennies that I will never want to trade in on becoming rooted. the number one reason is money I like spending it on me not my land lord,not my utility company,phone company,cable company ect. to I love traveling and I get to do that traveling with all my stuff.
I have a good job and make 40k a year and I get to spend it all on ME :-)
thank you folks for your help, I am sorry if I came off a bit snappy it's just that I get lectured all the freaking time about how I live and it get's old..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4276
in a Uhaul though? really?
not a mobile home or a winnebago or something?

I don't mind having a nice home myself. it's equity, security, and being 'rooted' means I have friends I can rely on locally if I need anything (small town ya know) which all has its advantages.
I suppose its just a matter of what you want or value though.
granted, the mortgage isn't fun. Nor are property taxes, but it does make things easier for getting loans and such if desired.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us