Arc or Memphis ??

Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 7
Ok, last amp question ' I hope "
Memphis Belle ?http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5710842067&ssPageName=ST RK:MEWA:IT
Or Arc Audio 5150XXK
http://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=990
thanks very much !!!

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 8
Any opinions ? there is an Arc Audio 5150XXK on ebay right now I'm looking at. Will it be a better choice then the memphis belle ? and if so why ? Please help

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 9
Any opinions ? there is an Arc Audio 5150XXK on ebay right now I'm looking at. Will it be a better choice then the memphis belle ? and if so why ? Please help

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4131
I like both companies, but Arc is the one I'd go with between the two if it were my car.

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 10
thanks for the info Glasswolf , one more question ? the Arc says 190 at 2ohms . I plan on running the JL Audio 10W6v2 which is a dual 4 ohm only so it will always run at 2 ohms.Do you think 190 will be enough for this sub ? If not any other recommendations for a high quality sub ? I'm over 30 lol, so don't need ear splitting db's anymore . I'm more into SQ now. Thanks!!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4153
hard to say if the amp is sufficient or not.
depends on the car, enclosure, etc as much as it does the power and the speaker itself.

Bronze Member

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 11
Well, the car will be a VW GTI, the box will be a sealed enclosure built to JL's specs if that helps.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4163
ideally you'd want about twice that for the sub.
around 400-450 watts RMS

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4164
ideally you'd want about twice that for the sub.
around 400-450 watts RMS

Bronze Member

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 12
Would it be better to pic a different amp with more power " memphis belle " ? Or stick with the arc audio and choose a sub that doesn't need that much power ?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4165
that's up to you.
the W6v2 is a great sub though. I'd just use a different amp.

Bronze Member

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 13
oh noooo, LOL !! I guess it's back to the amp question then . The arc I'm looking at only produces 190 for the sub at 2 ohms. the memphis on the otherhand makes 600 at 2 ohms . I could certaintly use a different sub as I am still in the planning stages. I could either go with the " better ?" Arc amp but only have 190 for the subs or the memphis with 600 and use the jl sub. I really appreiate all the help !! And sorry for all the questions but the auction for the arc ends tommorrow and I need to make a decision . Thanks sooo much !!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4172
look at kicker, mtx, avionixx, JBL, and cadence for alternatives that deliver the right amount of power.
you could go with a monoblock amp that puts out that power at 4 ohms, too, like the JL 500/1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us