Car Sound System- what to choose?

BigBob
Unregistered guest
Hey, i am buyin a car audio system and i was wondering what i should get? My budget is about $1000 to $1500 (i live in australia). I was thinkin of gettin the alpine CDA-9827 head unit, alpine SPS-171A speakers for the front and alpine SPS-690A speakers for the back. Do you think this system would be any good and if not what should i add to this or what other brands and products should i get?

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 128
To be honest, you may really like this setup at first, but if you want to get something that'll sound much better, try considering removing the idea of have full range speakers in the back of th car(unless you're going for a reverse sound stage.) The alpine head unit is nice, I've worked with that one a few times, and I'll say that its worth of keeping in there. Those SPS-171a speakers are pretty nice... but there are definitely better ones in a similar price range.

Try a set of Infinity Perfect 6.1's in the front
and don't put any speakers in the back. The idea behind this is that the sound stage will be in the front, and give it more of that "concert effect".

After you pick up a set of these, if you still want speakers in the back, consider a set of Mid Range speakers, and cross them over at around 3000-3500hz. As for an amp for these, you said that your total was around 1000-1500.

You're going to also want an amp for these, something that'll push out around 100 watts @ 4 ohms.

I think this will work nicely for you.

There are also other speakers better than the 6.1's but you can get a set for around 200 bucks USD on ebay. Make sure you have the clearance for them in the front. (depth)

tj frisch
Unregistered guest
hey im 15 and im gunna buy a system for my truck i was thinkin 3 sony xplod 10'' woofers behind the seat, sony xplod 6.5's in the kickpanels of the doors and sony xplod 6x9's in the top of the dash, also with a sony xplod deck and 1000 to 1200 watt amp, will this thump or should i get a differen set up. i am semi new to car systems but i want a good system with alot of bass. my budget is about 600 dollars

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 78
Well TJ FRISCH if you can, try to stay away from Sony car audio. The reason for this is because in Car Audio, Sony is not the greatest make. Their stuff is a little unreliable, although I will admit it does look cool. These guys on here will steer you in the right way so don't be afraid to ask them questions!

Unregistered guest
I want to install a nice sound system in my Honda Del Sol. I am considering installing the infinity 6.1 speakers in the front and rear, with a 200 watt, 4 channel, v-power amp. I am considering connecting this to my current manufacture installed stereo/cd unit. I also want to install XM radio. I have $1500.00 to spend. Do I need to install all four speakers? Is there a better way to go? What do you think? Thank You!

Bronze Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 54
look around. Every single professional on the site will tell you that you the "driver" will get the best sound possible without rear speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1019
Rear speakers are unnecessary. Sometimes for rear fill you can use midbasses and use a bandpass crossover and put them in the ideal range for rear fill, but in smaller cars such as that Del Sol it is especially unnecessary since the front speakers will already reflect off the rear of the vehicle, there is no sense adding to this. In a larger vehicle such as a Tahoe or a really long hatchback or SUV, rear fill speakers see more benefit, but usually still are unnecessary. As far as the speakers go, the Perfect 6.1 is a great component set, just make sure you listen to as many sets as possible before you decide on the components you want to use, everyone has their preferences. Invest the money you would have spent on rear speakers and that 4 channel on a good 2 channel amp for the front components. As far as the head unit, I recommend an aftermarket head unit, you get XM control, better sound quality, and you'll drive an amp better with one, stock head units have poor build and sound quality and lack the features you'll need for XM and an external amp. An Alpine 9820XM would be right up your alley, it has an integrated XM tuner (no external tuner boxes to have to install, I know space isn't abundant in a Del Sol). The only drawback of this head unit is that it can't play MP3 and WMAs, which probably isn't an issue to you anyway since you planned to use the stock CD player. Next you can consider a good subwoofer (or two) to fill in the lower frequencies.

Unregistered guest
hey guys im reali new to the car audio thing and i was just wondering what i need to get set up the bare essentials i kno im kinda lookin at a a magnat 12" sub yea i kno its a crap brand but i cnt afford anything else x2 6x9"s and some BOSCHMANN 5.25" 2 WAY SPEAKERS yea but it would b cool if u guys could just list the things that i need??????? plus what i need 2 wire the darn things up??????

if so thanx

Cat in the Hat
Unregistered guest
You said that Sony products are not the way to go for "Car Audio", what would you recommend instead of Sony for Decks etc. I was also considering setting up a couple of 12" Infinity Subs in the back to push out 1000Watts each, do you think that would be a good base effect? And do you have any suggestions for Amps.

Unregistered guest
Hey I am really new to car audio but I want to make my 1985 El Camino sound awesome. I was thinking about a Pionner DEH-P2600 head unit, 2 Power Acoustik 10" subwoofers behind the seats with 600w RMS and 1,200w max. for each sub , 6.5" Pioneer speakers in the door, and a Power Acoustik amp that puts out 800w*2 max. I wanted to know if this system would sound good and if you have any suggestions on how to improve it I would appreciate it.

RngrMan99
Unregistered guest
Cat In Hat-My pick would be Pioneer or Alpine. Just go to a stereo store demo ALL the headunits (tunability, features, etc.) and decide for yourself cause everybody has different tastes. Not sure about the other part, still learning about Subs and Amps myself

Brandyn-I happen to be running a DEH-2600 myself and must say they are Awesome head units, but for your application I would go higher up like DEH-4600 (has dual RCA's compared to single set on 2600) so you can run amp for the subs and separate Amp for higher powered speakers so the Bass doesn't totally drown everything. Looking at component systems like Infinity Kappa Perfects would be a good idea as well...

Heather R
Unregistered guest
so my friend and i were wondering how much u could actually spend on a complete sound system...like the most expensive ones...could u give us a price range?

Bronze Member
Username: Tmf

Vicksburg, MI United State...

Post Number: 18
Alright as far as Recievers go. There are a many Recievers out there. Sony is near the bottom for quality, but they have a few nice ones. Pioneer recievers are really good for the price, especially if you can get them online. Panasonic recievers are extremely good recievers as well. There are a lot of other recievers out there, but I just wanted to name a few good ones for ya.

Now to answer Heather's question... It all depends on what you want, and where you go to get it. It's all about knowing people, however online helps out too. Just for kicks, I took my buddy to a local Car Audio shop, and had them show us the best competition setup that they could do to his truck. They would give him 1 12"
Pioneer Premier subwoofer, an Eclipse reciever, 2 4x6s to replace his factory, and then they would cut up his doors and put a 6.5" and tweeter component system, all powered by a 4.1 channel Eclipse amplifier. Their price quote was $1,543.00 plus installation costs.

I decided to build his system myself, because they were going to F*uck him in the A$$ for that price. I got him a Panasonic C8100U reciever for 250.00 Then I Got him a custom truck box for 80 bucks, and loaded it with 2 audiobahn Q series 12"s powered by a Kohl Audio Amplifier. Insead of cutting up his doors, I ordered Custom Kick Panels offline for 130.00, and loaded it with fusion component speakers. Last but not least, we replaced his factory 4x6s with Lanzars with built in crossovers, and powered it with a Sound Storm F200.4 amplifier. After the Capacitor and the 4 guage wiring kit, It all came out to about 1300 bucks, however he has the loudest truck in the county.

Once again, it all depends on what you want, and how much your willing to spend. Don't be afraid to shop around, and research.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1339
Honestly Adam, I would have rather had the shops system than the one you put in there. The amps you got him are cheap flea market brands, and Lanzar speakers and Fusion components aren't that great either. Q logic kick panels also aren't that great without some work on them. Panasonics are good, but unreliable at times with some models. Audiobahn, blah. Subs just suck. 4x6's are crap and if it's in a dash location like I'm guessing, it'll sound horrible compared to a proper component set. Not trying to be mean, but the shops recommendation was a better setup.

cougar
Unregistered guest
Hey, I wanna upgrade my sound system in my car I was wondering if you guys can help me. My car is a Nissan 300ZX and currently has a kenwood head uint, two 6.5s up the front, two sony xplods 6s at the back and a 12" sub in a ported box. I want to upgrade the system because the sound coming out is not clear or thumpy enough. I have a budget of around AUD $2000, can you please suggest something? Thanks

Unregistered guest
hey i just got a jvc kd-lx50 radio and a audiobahn bandpass system with 2 12's at 800w rms i have an audiobahn a220lx amp but im not sure its enough to push em like i want so i was wondering what amp you would suggest to push them and have some hard, deep hitting bass?
i was also thinking about adding 2 more 12's and wanted to know if i should get another bandpass or just an open box and what subs and amp you would recommend for some deep and loud bass please answer if you would you can email me to

Unregistered guest
I just bought a 98 civic. I was wondering if I could install a good system without having to put in subs. For a deck I was thinking alpine, panosonic, or pioneer. For the speakers, I am really liking infinity. Smart choices? My budget is under 1000 so any other advise would be great!
Thanks

Christian R
Unregistered guest
hey brad, actually those are great choices for tha type of vehicle you have. if possible, i really would recommend Pioneer as your head unit because of its range of possibilties. for the front and back (without subs) you should give Rockford/Fosgates a try, those brands really give a Huge Boom for the Buck if thats what your looking for. goodluck on the setup bro, peace.

Sean Langheim
Unregistered guest
Hello My name is Sean and I'm getting a Chevy Astro van. I want an insane system. I want people to be be like DAMN!! I'm removing all the seats in the van except the drivers and front passenger. The back will be empty. Thinking about puttin a couch in. I want some sick subs. MY limit it is 1,500. Someone Please help me out. If you were me, what would you do???

Bronze Member
Username: Tmf

Vicksburg, MI United State...

Post Number: 33
Well Sean, with that kind of budget, I would go with some Power Acoustik MOFO series subs. There are a lot of people on this site that say that they are bad subwoofers, however, I LOVE THEM! If you really want people to say "DAMN!" Then MOFOs are the answer! I would say that 2 of them would be more than enough. I hope my advice helps you Sean, and good luck with whatever you do.

Anonymous

My house burned down with a car audio setup inside, but I don't even know exactly what was in there, I hadn't owned the stuff long, a good friend hooked me up with a box of equipment. I was wondering, to claim on insurance, what a good car audio setup (the whole shabang) MADE BEFORE 2004 would be. I own a 1990 toyota camry, and the majority of the music I'll be playing will be metal and rock. Any suggestions? I need the info fast. I had one 12" sub, component speakers, a 200 watt amp and a reciever. Got any vintage(not too vintage, 2002-2004) suggestions? got old car audio catalogues? please check em' out and devise a wishlist of the best fairly affordable items I've specified. Or, if you have a better setup idea for my vehicle (2002-2003 models of equipment) for the music I've specified, please let me know. Also, I'm not a bass junkie, but I like SOME in there. Just whatever is best for hardcore and metal. I hope thats enough info, ask me more questions if I wasn't specific enough; I'm a car audio amateur. Oh, and if you can devise the easiest system to install, that'd be awesome. Thank you very much.

Username: Curiosity

Post Number: 1
Wow, this thread is really helpful.
I'm also new to car audio and wanted to have a nice audio setup in my car (98 Civic Sedan). I have tons of questions about the setup

I already have with me:
HU: Pioneer DEH-P630
Rear: Pioneer 6x9 TS-A6960E (40W RMS)
Front: Pioneer 6.5" TS-A1665 (50W RMS)
Sub: Polk Audio GNX104 (175W RMS)

And I'm looking for an amp. I did a little look-around, and got to this choices:
Phoenix Gold Octane-r 5.0:4
Soundstream EGA4120
Soundstream XTA480.4
Tsunami DB4440

Can anybody help me pick an amp in the list? Or are there better amps that are not in the list but still within the price range?

Btw, I'm planning to power up the front speakers and the sub. Not sure what to do with the back speakers. Should I run it off the HU, or just take them off? If I took them off, would passengers in the back hear the music ok? Sorry, too many questions.. :-)

Thanks for reading..

CA USA

Post Number: 2
Oh, btw.. these are the specs of the amps for the above post..

Phoenix Gold Octane-R 5.0:4
============================
50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
THD at Rated RMS Power 1%
Signal to Noise Ratio 110 dB

Soundstream EGA4120
====================
RMS @ 4 Ohms 60x4
RMS @ 4 Ohm Mono 240x2
T.H.D.: 0.02%
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: >97dB

Soundstream XTA480.4
====================
RMS @ 4 Ohms 60x4
RMS @ 4 Ohm Mono 240x2
T.H.D.: 0.05%
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: >96dB

Tsunami DB4440
==============
4 X 75 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms .05% THD
2 x 220 WRMS @ 4 Ohms Bridged .1% THD.
Signal to Noise Ratio -90dB

Unregistered guest
I have a '96 Jetta GLS with component speakers in the front doors/dash and components in the rear. I have a JVC HU that I got approx 7 months ago, and it's 50x4(can play mp3 too, but no wma)

I have a very small budget, maxing out at 300 or so. I see that I can cut nearly 200, give or take, out of the price by not replacing the back component system. (I already put 40-50w rms 2-way pioneers in place of the mid-levels from mexico.) I was thinking an alpine or audiobahn or maybe even kenwood component system for the front with an amp that would push out the rms those can handle. I'm not a bass freak either, and a friend of mine was thinking of selling me his JL audio subs already ina box... I know you need an amp for those, but like I said, I just want enough to shake the car and mayb a little outside, nothing extravagent like signpost rattling.

I am probably going to get the stuff off of ebay and have friends help me hook it up. Any suggestions are welcome.

super system
Unregistered guest
hey, i wanna upgrade my system in my RX7. Currently ive got a ponieer p9-head unit with a processor, Boston Z splits with two Phoenix gold titanium amps, one powering the twitters and one powering the mids. I alos have to two JL 13.5" W7 Subs, each sub being powered by two JL Slash series 1000 watt mono-block amps (4 apms) and a boston centre channel powered off another phoenix gold titanium amp. The system sonded really good at the start but now Im really sick of it, how can I improve on the system. (I wanna SQ not SPL). Thanks

Unregistered guest
Hello All, Ive been going through this page today and thought that this would be an ideal place for me to hang around. I just bought a Civic 2004 VTi 4 door sedan and Hooked up an Alpine CDA9833 after replacing the factory cd player. I am now lookig at an Infinity kappa reference 6.5" (6500cs) 90w rms speakers for the front door and going to load the tweeters behind the side view mirrors. Also thinking of a JL Audio Slash 300/4 amps to drive these speakers. As of now, Ive decided to keep the stock rear speakers as I havent yet been able to decide on what rear speaakers to put in...any suggestions...? I definitely need rear speaakers for passengers but i dont want to disturb the front image. All cables are Monster. This is what I am plannin to do first and then gonna add a mono block amp for a sub (maybe sony 1600w peak) but im not sure of sony maybe a JL itself. Please advice me on what you think of the setup and any suggestions on improving on these. Im looking at good sound quality. Thanx guys ... looking forward to a reply/replies ....cheers !

Dean23
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I am looking for some help on my sound setup in my car... At the moment I have a Kenwood KDC2023 head unit, 2* Kenwood 6x9's in the back and 2* star sound "xyz" speakers in the front. At the moment the sound is pretty good for what I paid for it. I am considering getting either a kenwood 10" sub, or one or two Pioneer TS W 305 C's (800W max) for the low end. I was wondering which sub choice would be better (i have a vw citi golf - small car). Also, what amp to use and what to drive through it. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Dean23
Unregistered guest
Another question people, about the Pioneer 305 C's - is +-$90 a good price for one (second hand)? if so is it worth it to buy both?

needasystem
Unregistered guest
hi i read most of these questions and what not and im getting a nissan pickup about 1987 soon and i was wondering if this would be a good setup?
Pioneer DEH-P4500MP MP3 CD Car Deck
Infinity 7520A 2-Channel Car Amplifier
Infinity 9602i 6" x 9" Car Speakers
Infinity 120W 12" Car Subwoofer

i want to spend about a grand or maybe less if possible but i do want a good system with some bass. i listen to alot of metal and some rap so im not sure what i need but i was looking around and the items above are what i got, can u tell me if i need anything else or different or help me in anyway, thanks

BRADwally
Unregistered guest
Hey I just have a few questions about my system. One should i get 3way or 4 way fosgates for my speakers. Oh yea I want to just get speakers and a deck. The deck im thinkin about is panasonic. Also do you think I should get an amp? would i even need one? I do want great sound and good bass.... not so much to where i need a woofer. Any advice is great thanks!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1798
Alright, one at a time...I know this is a little late for some of you.

To Curiosity, Soundstream EGA IMO is the best option for you. Optimally, I'd look elsewhere like JBL or MTX though.

Bored at Radioshack...look at Infinity Kappa or Kappa Perfect components and a JBl P180.2 amplifier. Not much better you can do with $300 bucks. If you want an amp for the subs, then save up and get one later, you're better off not rushing it.

Super System: Look into Dynaudio, Rainbow, and Focal components. You more than likely are wanting softer components, and all I listed are more accurate and softer than the Z6s. You only need one 1000/1 for a 13W7, sell the other two and buy better amps for your components. That much power will only make the subs distort at high volumes. Get rid of the center channel and that amp, sell it too. Stick to a single pair of front components and subs, the soundstage and imaging will be much better for music listening. Reevaluate your install, try kick panel mounting for the mids if you already dont have them. I know you may be thinking the time alignment of the P9 will fix this, but a properly installed system will nearly always sound better, time alignment narrows the soundstage. Play around with location for best results for imaging and soundstage. With active crossovers, you don't have impedance correction such as Zobel networks, reevaluate the resonant frequencies and consider adding a resistor in series with the speaker, that way you gain back a little damping from the amp at resonance. Note that this will cut back efficiency. Try adjusting EQ not only to be flat or a smooth curve, but your personal preference. Your ears aren't the same as a Judges, everyone is different. Play around with the time alignment (or cut it off) and check tweeter level. I don't really know what part you're dissatisfied with, so it's hard to tell you what to do.

Vivek, with the JL amp, you can do a lot better than Infinity Reference components. Try Kappa Perfect if anything, among others. If you just want to make rear passengers happy, then consider coaxials or midbasses. Nothing extravagent in the rear, midbasses are the best to keep your soundstage realistic. Forget Sony amps altogether, crappy quality. Consider either stepping down from the JL amp, maybe run the rear speakers off the head unit or a cheap smaller amp. Get a quality 2 channel amp and mono for the sub, or a 4 channel that you can bridge the rear output to run a subwoofer and run the front channels to components. Hard to recommend for you, I need to know your budget.

Dean, I think you could do better for 90 bucks. Consider an Adire Audio Shiva, Cerwin Vega V-Max, Infinity Kappa Perfect. There are others, but this post is already really long :-) and you need to listen to them and weigh out your options. Once you make a decision, then you can worry about the amp.

Needasystem, the deck is good. Forget 6x9s, try getting 6.5" components or coaxials. Infinity amps are pretty low on the totem pole, JBL is better in the budget amp category. I think you can find better for the price honestly. Try finding a good 4 channel amp that does about 75x4 at 4 ohms, then bridge the rear for the subwoofer, should put out about 300W RMS bridged if it's a good amp. Weigh out your options for subs and components, IMO there is better to be had in your price range. There are others as well, if you're curious about some then just ask and I'll give my opinion.

Brad, sounds like you're looking at 6x9s. You need to consider 6.5" coax. or components, but if you plan to use a deck, then consider the Alpine V-Drive head units. True 27x4 RMS. Depends totally on your budget, but 6x9s aren't good for SQ.

CA USA

Post Number: 3
Thanks Jonathan

needasystem
Unregistered guest
hey jonathan thanks alot for the info but i do have some more questions. If possible could u give me a suggestion or opinion of the types of speakers, amps, and sub's that u would put with the Pioneer DEH-P4500MP MP3 CD Car Deck in a small pickup most likely nissan pickup. if you could that be great cause im not great at this and i dont wanna waste my money thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Chary

Dominicab Republic, Santo Domingo

Post Number: 11
Jonathan, i want some adavice from you please, I have 2 Cerwin Vega 12' V-Max but i want a great amp, but not so expensive, i want an amp that move those v-max, i want a great bass. What amp shoul i buy to move those v-max.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1881
On ikesound.com the Pioneer Premier 450mp is $139, so say $150. Leaving you $850 to work with.
I'd do Infinity Perfect 6.1 components, around $200. To save money and have great SQ, I'd get a 4 channel amp so that you can run both the highs and the sub off of it, get great SQ and save $$$. It'll also simplify the install. A MTX 1004 would work very nicely, puts out 125x4 at 4 ohms, the rear channel bridged would put out 500W RMS, you can find them around $300-350 on ebay, heres a link http://search.ebay.com/MTX-1004_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8 I'd go with something like an Eclipse Aluminum SVC 10 or 12" (12 if it will fit), which you should find around 200-275 usually($150-200 on ebay). Works well in small boxes and sounds excellent, hits hard. What you have left, go to www.knukonceptz.com and get the 4 guage wiring kit, and invest the rest of your money into building a box for the sub.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1882
Oh, on www.knukonceptz.com, make sure to get the 4 guage 4 Channel wiring kit, needed to clarify that. And Oettinger, a JBL 600.1 amp would work well with your subs. Cheap and reliable.

needasystem
Unregistered guest
hey jonathan thanks alot for all the info but i have two last questions and i will be done. first for that wireing kit is it the Complete 4 Gauge 4 Channel Amplifier Installation from www.knukonceptz.com that u were talking about? and then last i want to make my own sub box do u know any steps that u would use for that sub and if u would happen to know the dimensions it needs and stuff to sound good, basically all i need is the perfect specs to build a box for that sub thanks alot :-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1883
Yes, you're right about the wiring kit. And about the box, it depends, are you getting the 10" or 12"?

needasystem
Unregistered guest
Jonathan im getting the 12"

sig
Unregistered guest
Hey Jonathan, heres my situation, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I already bought a 04 JBL GTO 75.4, when I thought I was going to use 4 speakers. Now Im thinking just 2 front components with q logic kick panels. I was looking at the Infinity Perfect 6.1, since you can get them for 200 on ebay and i hear good things about them. But if i could knock it up a notch i would be willing to spend another 100-200 on the front speakers (ebay price of course). Any recommendations, or will i be happy with the perfects (I like my music loud and crystal clear, with quik punchy bass, i listen to a lot of rap, classic rock, jazz, r&b, and classical music). The other thing i was wondering in a related field, will that JBL be a good speaker amp, or should I sell it and buy something else (especially now that im only going to need 2 channels). And the last thing is the subs, i dont like bass to be rattling as much as i want my bass to be sharp, responsive, and i want to be able to feel it through the air more than through the vibrations of my car (if that makes any sense). What subs/amp do you recommend for this and should I front fire them, downfire, or upfire (the front fire would be the only one where the subs would be exposed, the upfire would be up to a bench seat and the downfire to the floor). I have a chevy silverado extended cab 2000 if that helps. And lastly im looking at the pioneer premier lineup since that's compatible with my xm radio, what HU do you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1890
For the 12", I'd go around .75-1.0 cu ft net. .8 would give a .707 qtc. We always built them 1 cu ft net, I feel it gives a good all around balance. You could also built it .75 with about 1 lb of polyfill. By the way, sub displacement is .10 cu ft. Use this calculator: http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm As long as you have 1" clearance from the back of the sub, then you're good to go. You can make it as tall or wide or whatever you want as long as you get the volume you want.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1891
sig, for components, the Perfects are hard to beat for the price. You'll be wasting the rear channels on that amp if you ran it on components. I'd recommend getting a dual 4 ohm sub, then bridge the 75.4 amp to power a sub. Then you can find something like a JBL P180.2 or the JBL GTO 75.2 amp for the components. Q logic kicks aren't that great, and don't work well in a truck b/c the speakers are so low. I'd recommend trying a custom door installation or trying to make the factory spots work. For subs, you could get either one ID Max 10 or 12" sub(dual 4 ohm version) or Eclipse Titanium, both are great for sound quality. I don't know your budget for subs, though. I think either would suit your tastes well. I like downfiring in trucks, but you should try as much as you can for best results, every vehicle is different. From the Premier head units, I'd go for 860MP. Only difference in the 860 and 960 is the pretty stuff. Features and parts are the same. If your budget is unlimited, then I'd opt for the P9 combo.

Senthil
Unregistered guest
Folks,
I plan to buy a Pioneer DEH-P7600MP. I will be fitting this on my car in India. Would say equivalent to Honda Civic. I am not interested in setting up the box in the rear with powerful amplifiers. I just want an alround performace at decent volume levels. All I seek is advice to select speakers for the front doors and rear doors and maybe set of tweeters in the front. My budget would be 500 U$. Thanks in advance for all you experts.

Unregistered guest
Hey all, I was just lookin' through the forum and i ran along this. So here's what I have to say. Alpine deck. All door speakers Audiobahn or sony Xplod. Two bazooka or ppgg 900watt amps. And 2-4 12" Audiobahn subs. If you can afford it.Or some 16" kickers for subs. which i'm about to put in my trail blazer. 'Cause that's what i got and it kicks the sizit outta everyone in anoka, heneppin, and ramsie county. In minnesota.

Unregistered guest
HELP WANTED!!!GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!...I AM SO NEW TO THIS STUFF...INEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET...I NEED HELP WITH CHOOSING THE SPEAKERS, WOOFERS, AMPS EVERYTHING...AND A LITTLE WIRING INFO(NOT MUCH)... if u can help message me on msn @ danny__keen54@hotmail.com .....ps...srry 4 caps(two underscores)

Unregistered guest
Jonathan...plz if u have msn add me...ihave questions....after im done u can delete me if u want... danny__keen54@hotmail.com (two underscores)

StanleyC
Unregistered guest
Hi, I just got a '95 240sx a couple of weeks ago from my cousin who got a new car. The car is completely stock. The speakers and headunit are somewhat messed up so I was thinking of getting a system. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions? For those who don't know where the speaker locations are for a 240sx, the stock locations allow 2 tweeters and 2 mids in front, and 2 mids in the back. With those in mind, I was thinking that the Focal 165 K3P would be optimal. If I were to get those, which amp would work best?

Also, after reading through this forum for a couple days, I noticed that Alpine headunits seem to be rather popular. How are Kenwood headunits compared to those, specifically how does the KDC-696 or KDC-697 compare to the CDA-9835 or CDA-9833? The Kenwoods certainly look more flashy, but as far as SQ goes, which is better?

As for the sub, I was thinking of getting a JL 10W7 or JL 12W7. For those, which amp would be best?

PS. I know close to nothing about car audio so what type of wiring, fuses, etc. would I need to get everything connected safely and efficiently?

Thank You all for your time and effort =)

Username: Stanleyc

Um, just registered and I was thinking if 2 12W6V2's would be better than one W7. I was doing some research and I realized that finding an amp to power 2 W6's might be a bit easier. What are your thoughts people?

Unregistered guest
hey, i'm very new 2 this car audio thing. i just got a new car and it has no sounds, nothing!!
i want 2 spend about NZD$1000 - $1500 on a good system, it does not have 2 be the best, but i was atleast thinking of replacing the factory standerd speakers with pioneer and getting a kenwood system, but i don't know what type of amp or sub would be good 2 go for???
and also, i heard something about bridging your amp with your sub, does it really make it twice as loud?
pls email me if u have any good ideas or suggestions, tnx

dablazeking911@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I really want to buy a subwoofer(woofer), and I am currently looking at the Sony Xplod options, which looks pretty attractive, could you give me any advices what subwoofer I should buy?

Bronze Member
Username: Stanleyc

Post Number: 40
Don't get sony is my opinion. What is your budget and what do you have right now? Do you already have amps, wiring, etc. What are you more concerned with, spl or sq? Either one you choose will steer you away from sony car audio as it can neither sound loud nor good.

Username: Shyne

PLEAE HELP!!!! Couple of questions, looking for a good sound system that will meake heads turn. Problem here is dont no what car I will be driving yet. Looking for the most bang for my buck........(Also if its possible.... Aint got much to spend just need some ideas)Thanx

Username: Azntony85

Orange Count... USA

Hey Guys-
If you are looking for a good system, go for ARC AUDIO! Have you heard of ZAPCO amps? Well, one of the founders of ZAPCO splitted up and made ARC AUDIO. ARC AUDIO is rare in stores and could only be found at licensed stores. Check out ARC AUDIO at www.arcaudio.com , trust me you wont be disappointed. These babies will be the ONLY system you will EVER buy the ONLY system you will look at. Forget the other brands... Seriously, spend your money right the FIRST TIME. SONY XPLODS and other cheap brands are worthless... Price, yes I know, can be a huge factor. But just dont rush into buying a system for $600-800 when later you WILL regret it! I know i did. I had 2 Kicker 12" comps powered by pioneer amps.... All I'm saying is this. I know music is a big deal in a car, b ut don't rush into buying ur way for a cheap system. Save up and only spend ur money once. I am NOT an advertiser for ARC or anything, its just I really believe in their products. Also look at Image Dynamics www.imagedynamicsusa.com , VERY GOOD SUBS! the cleanest sound! Truthfully, for an ARC AUDIO complete system like mine... ur lookin at $2000, BUT....BUT... Its a 2 grand you spend it right. $2000 is for installation and everything... look at this site if ur in the southern cali area, they will give you a good deal... trust me... www.serenitysoundusa.com , every month they are in magazines... look at it for fun even. Yea but over all, dont spend ur money on mediocre systems that will bored you out...QUICK!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2206
Losing Robert Zeff was the worst thing that could have happened to Zapco. Any amp designed by him is truly spectacular, ARC is an example of that, fantastic stuff. I see Arc surpassing Zapco after a couple of years (arguably it's happened already). I'd like to see a higher preout line similar to the Symbilink balanced outputs on Zapco's amps (can it really be called Zapco without Zeff, they lost the Z :-) )

Anyone who wants a question answered needs to start a new thread, this ones getting rather long and that way we can answer one by one, not being mean, just makes it a lot easier on us. And Danny, my email has been screwing up lately and I'm about to get a new address. For now, you'll just have to start a thread.

Unregistered guest
hey guys yea im really really new.... don't get much of what yall are saying. i don't know what kind of car i will be driving yet but im looking for a good system that will make heads turn. i listen to truly just about everything but mostly rap when im in the car. and not hip hop rap true rap. stuff where the bass is heavy. i need good subs i know that much. but what about the high tones and the mids. sence i listen to everything i guess i need all(highs mids and subs). do i? and what would you guys recommend. and if you guys will try and explain what everything is. i really am new to this. all the numbers and stuff are confusing. im proly looking at cars from 1995-2001. just don't know what im getting. and hey if yall know about cars what do you think i should get. i want something i can work the engine to where its raceable. i don't have a very high budget. on the car or the system. instead of answering this on here it would help for yall to email me. Darkmind0869@hotmail.com any suggestions on cars and systems would be very very helpful.

Dark

Unregistered guest
hey, I am really new to the car audio systems arena and I have a 95 Dodge Neon Sport and I was looking for a good system for $700-800. I was thinking a Pioneer DEH-P7600MP head unit with 2 12" Audiobahn AW1206T subs powered by a Audiobahn A8002T amp. What do you guys think?

Richard Simmons
Unregistered guest
If you have $1,000 and you want a sweet system go for audiobahn. Screw all those small 800 watt rms amps and 300 watt rms subs. I just bought a 2400 watt rms audiobahn 2-channel high output amp, 2 audiobahn 12" immortal 2000 watt rms subs, a bandpass box, capacitor, and all the wiring for $1,000 brand new on EBAY. Don't settle for all these tiny amps and subs when you can get ones that are 10 times better for about the same price. It bumps like crazy. GO BIG!

BRADwally
Unregistered guest
Ok I am just a little confused on the component speakers. Is all I need a 6 piece set? Or do I need 2 of them? If I buy a 6 1/2 component set, then what else if anything would I also need to have in order to have a good sounding system without the immediate use of subs. I am planning on gettin just speakers and a head unit at first, and maybe later gettin 2 12s. Thanks for you help

Unregistered guest
I am going to get a single 15" (probly KICKER 15" SOLO-BARIC L7 S15L7-is this a good sub?) pushing at least 900 watts rms(this is gunna be major bass right?) I want to put it in my back seat,is that going to sound alright or does it sound better in the trunk, like every elses subs.

Unregistered guest
Hey Guys
please can you help me out.
I have a 98 audi A4. I wana get a head unit with flip out monitor thinkin of the new blaupunk 1. Then A pair of 4" 40rms crossovers for the front, and some 6" 2 ways for the back then put in 2 12" 1200 watt sony xplodes. Now wheres i get confused I wana get the 2 sony XM-460GTX amps, they are 600w RMS total, You can put then in 3 channel mode which gives 2x60w and 1x150w for the sub and 2 speakers, but this is at for ohms. I dont understand what the difference is between 2 and 4 ohms? and what deoes this mean with amps and speakers, basically are these 2 ams enough to power it and is it a good setup?

Username: Escort_boi

Hey Everybody,
Im 17 and it seems that excessive bass and blairing music is the best sound system.... i tend to think differently. I recently bought a Ford Escort Rs2000 and im looking for a good sound quality system.

Ive got about $1300 to spend and im looking at brands like boston acoutics, MTX, alpine, nakamichi, Blauplunkt ect.

If someone out there can recommend a quality set-up it will be most appriciated.

Thanks heaps..

Jrin
Unregistered guest
Hey I'm 16 and my 17 birthday is coming up and i have $900 to spend and ill prolly be getting anothe 2 grand, im driving a 2003 xterra, and i'm thinking about just leaving the speakers in for now and getting a new head unit and two 10's or 12 inch subs in the back, but i dont wanna take up too much room, any ideas on brand or size and should i get seperate amps for my speakers and subs or just get one that branches off???? My sister has two 12" diamonds in the back of her 4 runner but that was put in like 5 years ago, but she considered giving em to me, should i take the offer or get my own

Jrin
Unregistered guest
Hey I'm 16 and my 17 birthday is coming up and i have $900 to spend and ill prolly be getting anothe 2 grand, im driving a 2003 xterra, and i'm thinking about just leaving the speakers in for now and getting a new head unit and two 10's or 12 inch subs in the back, but i dont wanna take up too much room, any ideas on brand or size and should i get seperate amps for my speakers and subs or just get one that branches off???? My sister has two 12" diamonds in the back of her 4 runner but that was put in like 5 years ago, but she considered giving em to me, should i take the offer or get my own

#54danny#54
Unregistered guest
sup jrin...i reccomend getting 2 12 icnh kicker Solo-baric L7 subs...kicker is awsome
heres the link http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?filename=04L7SOLOSUB.HTML&menu=SUBWOOFERS

Unregistered guest
ok...so im 15 i proly gettin a truck prolly a f-150 (my dads :p) and i have a budget of about 1000 1500. I am pretty sure my parents orderd a clarion DXZ945MP deck...the touch screen one. I am wanting a setup that will shake nicely. What amp subs mid range speakers i lookin at here? Anyones help would be apreciated

Anonymous

sup fellas, i got a COROLLA 1990, and i wanna make it sound good (cuase its all i got!) haha.
i got me some cheapo brand 12" 4ohm subs, and a panasonic deck - along with an old 150 watt amp.

WHAT NEXT? lol,, someone help us out

Unregistered guest
ok here it is.. im a chick and i dont want to get like get ripped off.. so here is what i want.. i drive a 05 civic.. i want two 10s and an amp.. i dont want something too expensive..but i want something thats going to be able to be heard and have alot of bass and somethign that is a good quality.. i want an xplod because ive been in a few car shops and thats what they have in there.. but ive read a few of these entries and i heard someone say they werent that good... so can someone please help me out .. i want bass.. but i also want to be able to hear the lyrics but i want a good system as well. that can make my house shake a lil.. loll. what do you recommend.. i know nothing about these stuff.. i just know what sounds good to me lol

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
can we go on a date?

NappyDugout
Unregistered guest
can we go on a date?

Rob Tweedie
Unregistered guest
hi, Ive got a peugeot 106 and would like to know what would be the best speakers and head unit to buy. i dont want a stupidly loud system... just something that will give nice sound quality. i hope you can help, thanks, rob

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 467
Hey xmorxganx, you should try 2 12" subs instead of 10". They can handle higher power and produce the kind of bass you're looking for. Don't buy Sony, they are not good at all. Look for subs that's around 400W - 600W RMS not peak.
For the amp, look for Class D, 400W - 600W rms. If you look on eBay, you'll find some MTX 6500D amps on sale under $100. That amp will produce 500W rms at 2ohms and 775W rms at 14.4V. That's a lot of power and you will be heard.
If you buy the optional remote controll bass for that amp, you can tailor the sound to your needs.
One more thing, don't buy used subs, most of the sellers are not honest with defects.
Is the bass sound you're looking for something that you hear from cars a block away? You know, very low, almost like a soft thunder? I can produce that with my configuration... :-)

Unregistered guest
hey im new to the car sound systems, and i was looking for something pretty powerful and loud but under 1000$. I want something that my friends will think is cool and nice, with awesome sound. any ideas? thanks.

Username: Killa

Post Number: 6
Not all sony's HU's are bad they arnt high end or any thing but thares way worse then sony.If your looking for something cheap tho i suggest e-bay but make shure you buy from a good seller.

abar
Unregistered guest
I really dont know anything about anything when it comes to sound systems. I have a Ranger and I want to know what I can put in there that'll really bump but for not that much money. Tell me what I should get.

Buchanan
Unregistered guest
I am pretty new to car audio. I just got a JL Audio 12" sub (W0) I am pretty set on the head unit, it's a pioneer and my friend has it in his bronco, so I don't really need head unit help. I need to know what size amp i need and what OHMS are and and RMS and all those things mean. So i wont get ripped off or anything when i go to buy them. So if someone good tell me what those things mean and what a good amp would be for $160 or less

Anonymous

Hi, my name is Corrine and I just have a question that I hope one of you boys can help me with. I have a Pioneer DEH-P2600 deck and have 4 Pioneer TS-A1680R 4 way speakers right now. I'm just wondering if this a good internal system set up??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1031
That is not a bad setup. Not the best nor the worst. If it sounds good, then that's all that matters. At least you don't have a Sony.. :-)
The speakers aren't that bad either. It's 50W so you should get a decent sound. Ignore the other power rating 220W. It's fake.

warsucks
Unregistered guest
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-THSnY3ES0YW/learningcenter/car/

Its a good starting point for anyone new to car audio..take a look.
Peace.

Girlie Girl
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know about audio in a Citroen CX?? I'm buying the Prestige model (the long one), and this is the system I'm thinking of putting in it:
Alpine CDA-9831 HU, Boston Acoustics FS50 Comp,1 Phoenix Gold Octane R12 woofer, Phoenix Gold Octane R 2.01 amp. Will this sound great, full bass, clear vocals? I'm worried about the Boston Acoustic speakers not working at capacity with just the power from the HU. Is that a real problem?? Thanks

Girlie Girl
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know about audio in a Citroen CX?? I'm buying the Prestige model (the long one), and this is the system I'm thinking of putting in it:
Alpine CDA-9831 HU, Boston Acoustics FS50 Comp,1 Phoenix Gold Octane R12 woofer, Phoenix Gold Octane R 2.01 amp. Will this sound great, full bass, clear vocals? I'm worried about the Boston Acoustic speakers not working at capacity with just the power from the HU. Is that a real problem?? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1073
Hey Girlie, that setup should give you a decent sound. However, if you want clear vocals, you will need 2nd amp for the front to power the BA FS50. The power from the HU is not powerful enough to bring out the best in them.
The Phoenix sub is only 250W rms. Not that powerful for deep bass. Have you considered getting 2 of them with a bit more powerful sub amp? You don't have to go with Phoenix sub and amp. There are other brands.
If possible, go with 6.5" instead of 5". They will produce better mid bass and highs.
If money's a problem, then skip the sub and sub amp and go with 2 channel for the BA FS50 components. You'll get much better vocal sounds and imaging.

Girlie Girl
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the reply Isaac! What other brand would you suggest in this price category? Also is ther another amp that I can use that would power both the sub and the speakers? Budget is a problem, I'm tryin to keep it under 1500 Euro (about $2000). The holes in the front doors of the CX are only 13.5 cm, and I'm trying to keep it as original as possible. I'd appreciate any advice!

Girlie Girl
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the reply Isaac! What other brand would you suggest in this price category? Also is ther another amp that I can use that would power both the sub and the speakers? Budget is a problem, I'm tryin to keep it under 1500 Euro (about $2000). The holes in the front doors of the CX are only 13.5 cm, and I'm trying to keep it as original as possible. I'd appreciate any advice!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1074
Ok there is a way of powering both component and sub. Zapco/Orion/PPI/RF/Kicker/Audiobahn/JL/JBL all make 2 channel amp that will also work as 3 channel. To do this, all you need is couple of capacitor for the components and a coil for the sub. This will help filter out the lows on the components and cut out the highs on the sub. They're fairly cheap, no more than $30. Have you looked at eBay for the amps? You can get pretty good deals (try and buy from people with 100% rating or very close to it).
Audiobahn A8002T, 800W 2 channel amp goes for $140 US and can be used for 3 channel operation. I have personally tested this amp and works fine. If your Phoenix Gold Octane R 2.01 amp supports 3 channel mode, then use that.
I couldn't find any spec on the Phoenix amp on google.

Girlie Girl
Unregistered guest
You're da man Isaac, THANKX!! I'm going to go do some more research on this Phoenix amp and see if this is possible. I'll look for these other amps you mentioned as well, but sometimes I find that things that are available in the states isn't available here unfortunately. Wish me luck! ;-)

Girlie Girl
Unregistered guest
By the way, would you also know if I buy my Alpine CDA 9835 HU from the states, will it work in Europe properly?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1086
That I am not sure. I know you guys drive on the WRONG side of the road :-)
Unless the HU is not available there, I wouldn't risk it. I'm sure it'll work cause the cars there have 12v battery just like here. The only thing that might be different is the wire colours. If you buy the harness wiring kit for your car with the HU, then you'll be fine. You might want to look around there for the harness kit. Once you have that, then it's matter of unplugging and pluggin in the new unit. I wasn't that lucky, so I had to splice the wires.
Good lucky with your amp research.

American in Holland
Unregistered guest
Yoohoo Isaac if you're still there, or someone else ... I actually HATE the wrong side driving thing myself, but I live in Holland, so it's not a prob for me thankfully! Check it out, I've found out that the units will all work over here because as Isaac said, it's all 12v. Since I can buy in the US for sure now, I have more budget! So I'm trying to decide between Phoenix Gold Titanium 5 Comp Elite or Boston ProSeries 5.5 System Components. I'm also going to use the Phoenix Gold Octane R 8.0:4 to power both the woofers & the comps. As far as the woofer, do I need a pair or can I stick with one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1103
I'd try and listen to them first. It's all matter of your preference.
As for woofers, you do not need 2 or 3. Sometimes 1 is good enough if you get the right combo of speaker and box. Get a box that's perfectly tuned for the speaker and it'll sound better than 2 with a bad box.
I personally have 1 18" sub and it pounds the crap out of the car chassis.

Unregistered guest
I currently have a '98 eclipse with stock radio/cd with 6 year old infinity speakers on all sides and an 8 in. bazooka tube w/ built in amp.
I need to replace the front speakers. Should I replace the rear speakers to match the front if I upgrade them to a newer model of infinity speaker? Does it make a difference? Could you also suggest what series to buy? Would it be overkill to have 3-way speakers on all sides or perhaps a pair 2-way and 3-way? I listen mostly to rock and r&b if that helps any.
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1441
It'll depend on the type of sound you're looking for. Do you want balanced or best possible sound imaging? For balanced, you will want to get matching pair of speakers for the rear too. For sound imaging, you will want to get a great pair of component speakers for the front only.
Infinity 6000cs is a good start. If that's not good enough, then go up in quality to Kappa Perfect series.
You won't find too many 3-way for the fronts. It would be an over kill for the rears since most of the imaging will be done from the front. This is where you want the best speakers.

preston
Unregistered guest
Hi i have a 97 civic hatchback and its my first car i dont want anything to expensive that will blow the neighborhood away but I want a system that will bump. I have a budget of about $1500. I was thinking about going with pioneer, or alpine, can anybody give me suggestions with anything?

Username: Wdunn28

Coopersville, Michigan U.S.

Hey i need advice for a good setup i'm gettin the PowerAcoustik MOFO 15" but i want to know what box and box type and what amp. So hey if you want email me or leave it here. My email is and1strtballa3@hotmail.com

Username: Billyd

Santee, Ca Usa

ive got a 02 chevy tahoe. i want a really nice system. speakers / amp / deck.
can go $1000-$1500. not a clue on what to get. help

Unregistered guest
Hey I'm planning on getting a system I am going to keep the head unit I already have which is a Pioneer Premier its an okay stereo. I want to get some JL Audio I want to get something like two 12"W3 im pretty sure im going to go with JL Audio for subs but I can't decide on an amp If you have any suggestions I would appreciate them I am on a budget of about 800-1000 dollars for subs and amp but I could go higher if its worth it! Thanx

Username: Alpf150

Plano, TX USA

Billy -
I am assuming you want loud and clean sound.

Deck - I would recommend Eclipse 8454
(this model is phasing out this year, so you should be able to get a great deal on it)
Amp - JL or Power Precision (PPI)
Speakers - I would recommend Focal
Subs - JL

Mark

Anonymous

Lets say I have two jl audio w7 12" and i want to get a phoenix gold amp which model would be the best to get for both of these? Or how about a JL audio amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 36
If I were you I would get the JL 1000/1.

Username: Yako_9

Indianapolis , IN USA

i have a two channel 1200 watt american pro amp i want some subs don't matter if they are 12's or 15's i just want to be super hitting, thumping what ever you want to call it i want them to kno im coming from a block down ... but i want to kno what kind of speakers do you guys reccomend ...that'll handle the amp and wont burn out on me or just stop working on me .. cuz i just messed up some rockford fosgate punch z wit the same amp... but now im trying either to get another amp a good quality one about as much as 1200 watts or more.. and three twelves or two 15's i just don't knoe what kind would be good and what speakers would be able to handle that many watts .. i mean maybe those watts aren't are real but that'll be able to handle it ..with a good combination with speakers and amp...

Armin
Unregistered guest
Hi there.I'm from Iran and i've just bought a system for my peguoet 405.This is my system and i want to know your opinion about it:
Head Unit:Pioneer DEH-4650
Speakers:JBL GTO 936e
Amplifier:Boschmann PCH-4480LX
Subwoofer:Pioneer 305-c
I put my subwoofer in a sealed 39 liter box.Is it the right box for my sub?
I'm waiting for your answers.Thanks.

redline1089
Unregistered guest
hi. i have a choice to get either a 98 crown vic or a 2000 toyota avalon. which would be a better project to work on for upgrades and everything?

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 69
I would take the Avalon, just because it is a better car.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 70
Ivan, I would get an RE SX 15". I doubt very much that amp puts put that much. Do you know what the RMS rating is?

paulie c
Unregistered guest
I'm looking to upgrade my car stereo with a kenwood radio.Then i was thinking of 2infinity kappa652.5i for the front doors and 2 infinity kappa693.5i for the rear speakers.also adding 2 alpine 10'' dual 4 olm sub's pushing out 50-500 rms total power range.To finish it i want to add a 5 channel infinity amp with 56w x 4+ 107w x 2 in my elantra.Is this too much?

Armin
Unregistered guest
Hi.I'm still waiting for your answers.Thanks.

expensive install?
Unregistered guest
Hey people. I'm planning to upgrade the audio in my Benz ML320. I know what I want and have purchased some of the components, just would like your professional opinion/advise/suggestions. Please keep in mind I'm going for SQ.

Headunit: Alpine CDA-7998
Front: Dynaudio System 360 (3 piece component set - 8", 3", & 1" tweet)
Rear: Dynaudio System 220 MKII (2 piece - 5.75", 1" tweet)
(2) JL 300/2 to power each component set
(2) JL 500/1 to power (2) JL 10w7 in plexiglass

Since the front speaker set includes the large 8" woofers which need some custom fabrication for the door panels, I found a local pro installer with 15+ years experience who does outstanding installations, judging by the photos I've seen. He quoted me $3200 to install the above system. That's just for the labor; I provide the components. Is that overpriced, or is it reasonable? And how do you guys think this system would sound?

Any professional feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Username: Ethereal87

I bought a pioneerp2600 deck its output is 50watts by 4, can it work with 6.5 crossfire component speakers

TP
Unregistered guest
Hi. i already am set with a kicker sub and kenwood amp in my oldsmobile alero. i still have the original Delco speakers though (6x9 in the back; 4x6 in the front). i wanted to upgrade the speakers but only have about $150, i have a rockford fosgate amp for whichever ones i get. If i were to replace either the front or the back speakers, which ones would make a better difference. Also what speakers do you recommend within my budget? thank you

Unregistered guest
Can i keep the same speakers for my truck if a add a new head unit and subwoofer?

phattygnome
Unregistered guest
hey, i drive a truck and i am thinking of putting in 2 13w7's.. does anyone know if it will still sound alright if i build them into my box so that pretty much just the sub itself is in teh cab of my truck?

hey guys what do you think of the power acoustics 4 channel amp LT720/4 it is 85 wats per channel
in addition i have a pioneer deh p2600 and a pair of crossfire 6.5 midbass speakers. the bass rattles one of them what can i do to improve this

Post Number: 4
hey guys what do you think of the power acoustics 4 channel amp LT720/4 it is 85 wats per channel
in addition i have a pioneer deh p2600 and a pair of crossfire 6.5 midbass speakers. the bass rattles one of them what can i do to improve this

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-profile.pl?action=view_profile&prof ile=ethereal87-users

Unregistered guest
Good morning everybody, first off I want to say WOW. This is the forum that I was searching for a long time. I realyl found all this info very helpful. But I just wanted to ask a questions to the pro's. I am looking to get some performance sound in my Scion TC. I was currently eye balling a Panasonic(which one I'm not sure) head unit beacause from waht I read here it seems really recommended. The only thing I want to do for now is add subwoofers. I pretty sure you all know about the TC that its a coupe so the trunk is basically open to the interior of the car. Anyways, money is not a variable, what would be the best thing to get in order to achieve a really nice vibrating bass to that It almost makes you heart stop. I really dont want punding crap that I hear that makes your trunk rattle. Any idea's as what would be the best, also in the near future, I will upgrade my interior speakers. Please , are there any pro's that know what I'm trying to achieve and how do I go about it. Thank you all in advance

Unregistered guest
Good morning everybody, first off I want to say WOW. This is the forum that I was searching for a long time. I realyl found all this info very helpful. But I just wanted to ask a questions to the pro's. I am looking to get some performance sound in my Scion TC. I was currently eye balling a Panasonic(which one I'm not sure) head unit beacause from waht I read here it seems really recommended. The only thing I want to do for now is add subwoofers. I pretty sure you all know about the TC that its a coupe so the trunk is basically open to the interior of the car. Anyways, money is not a variable, what would be the best thing to get in order to achieve a really nice vibrating bass to that It almost makes you heart stop. I really dont want punding crap that I hear that makes your trunk rattle. Any idea's as what would be the best, also in the near future, I will upgrade my interior speakers. Please , are there any pro's that know what I'm trying to achieve and how do I go about it. Thank you all in advance

redline1089
Unregistered guest
which car is better for upgrades and a nice sound system 2000 Toyota Avalon or a 1998 Ford Crown Vic?

snafurider
Unregistered guest
i am getting a 71' monte carlo i want to have a bumping system very loud with nice bass i was lookign at earthquake sound i want 2 15" and 2 12" subs in back and good speaker system in cab what should i get i want quality but dont want to spend over $3,000. and i want good amp also.

Jazznut
Unregistered guest
I just went to a car audio shop and they recommended Planet Audio speakers. Are they any good?

Unregistered guest
I am looking at putting a sound system in my 1991 Ford Explorer, I am looking at 2 12" Audiobahn AW1251T Subwoofers a SPL vented enclosure a Phoenix Digital 2 Channel Car Amplifier (1000 Watts) a Pair of Qs chrome tweeters (300 watts). Is that a good system?
That still leaves me with a face plate and speakers if some one has any advise please tell me.

Username: Unit

i just bought a Volkswagen Golf IV, 1999. and now getting some new car audio for it..

already got a cd player,
now just wanting 4 speakers and a sub.. (think they'll need to be amped also.. (budget is around 1000 Euro's)

a friend of me recommended me some Infinity speaker sets.. are they any good?

Unregistered guest
Hi, Im 15 and I just bought a Fork KA (a liitle car, like an opel corsa).Im thinking to put these in it.

-Head Unit: JVC KD-DV5100 DVD/CD Receiver (im planning to buy a monitor later.
-Front Speakers: "infinity 6800cs" or "alpine SPS-571A"
-Rear Speakers: "Infinity 9603i" or "Alpine SPR-69LP"
-Amplifier for speakers: Hifonics "ZX6400" or "ZX4400"
-Subwoofers: (2)Kicker 03C154 15"
-Amplifier for subwoofers: Hifonics "BX1500D" or "BX1000D"

My goal is to have a competiton sound. I dont know what to use in speakers; alpine or infinity. Im not sure eather about the head unit and I was thinking instead of buying those subwoofers and the amplifier, to buy this kenwood package "P-W301 "

What do you think?

CMac
Unregistered guest
Hey I'm new here....i know little to nothing bout cars but i do know that i want a new system for my car...im 16 and have a budget of about $1000-1500...i have a 2000 Dodge Neon...i would appreciate it if anyone could help me out......thanks!

Unregistered guest
Aiight, i need some info. Ive got a 1997 Mustang GT... ripped out the back seats for subs... what could i put in there to get the "DAMN!" effect when someone sees/hears it? budget... w/e i want the best (where i could place in a carshow for the system...) i am unsure about systems, i had a really nice one in my camaro, cost around 3000... but sold the camaro w/ the system... and need one for my GT. Trunk space is *not* an option. backseat for subs... custom box and such will be obviously needed...

Any suggestions? i need the whole deal, amps ( i assume ill need a 1000 and a 500 watt for subs + other speakers ) but what brand and all that... and then all the speakers/subs.. i just have no idea what the air space would allow while still getting that great sound...

Any info appreciated thanks

akingdom05
Unregistered guest
i'm new when i comes to car systems. I have a 2001 toyota camry and i was wondering what kind of system or set-up i should get between the price range of $400 to $600.

Unregistered guest
I want a system that blows people away when they hear it, and then when they see a girl driving the car be like "damn a girl has that kind of system?!" I really want something nice and that has quality sound. I have a 2003 Honda Civic EX....anyone have any suggestions? I am looking to spend up to $2000

ekis18
Unregistered guest
Hey there, I dont know much about car sound systems. I just wanna put some decent speakers and head unit on a celica.. I really like the pioneer DEH-P7700MP, and I might get 4 way speaker , maybe Pioneer TS-A1681R... are this good speakers? should i get an amp too?

thank you

paulman86
Unregistered guest
I have found myself in a rather annoying dilemma. My brother wants to get me something for my graduation present so i figured i'de get a system for my car. I would like to have a 10" sub around 500 watts, give or take a few hundred, an amp to power that sub, a head unit at least 45X4 watts, a 6.5+tweeter component system and a couple 6.5 midrange. However, my spending limit is somewhere around 1000 dollars and everywhere I try to go, the guys tell me that it CAN'T be done. I think thats b.s. because everytime I try to reason with them, they give me crappy package prices and stuff. So instead of buying from best buy or something, I was just thinking about store hopping to get what I need. Any suggestions on this unprobable system which I desire for around $1000 dollars? O and i'de also need another amp to power the componenet speakers.

Unregistered guest
Hey guyz... amazing forum really... very helpful.
I jsut recently purchased a 2003 ml320 Mercedes Benz SUV and it did not come with a cd changer. I wanted to know if it is possible to install just a deck into the dash console and which of these would be compatible or what cd changers are compatible. I dont want to change the speakers right now because I just bought it. Maybe later. Do need CD in there though. Any help is appreciated. Thankz again!

Username: Jimdalton

Hey everyone, i just got 2 brand new 6" rockford fosgate speakers put in the front and 2 more 4" speakers for the rear in my 1996 Land Cruiser. Can anybody tell me what they recommend as far as subs, amps, and head units to complete my system? (got 1000 bucks left).

Phunguyy
Unregistered guest
Sony Xplods Kick

I don't know why all of you guys are attacking Xplods, but they are a great quality for the amount you pay, seriously. I have 4 250 watt speakers, powered by two Xplod amps, in my chevy blazer and they blow away any other system i have heard, and they definitely provided the sound quality i have been looking for.

My reccomendation : Go for Xplods, Sony really has put alot more research time into them and the new models are much better than the old ones. Great for the person with a low budget.

thomas drants
Unregistered guest
hey everyone,

i am going to purchase a sound system for my new ford escape. i am thinking of going with the alpine d310 head unit, focal component 130A speakers, an alpine amp (don't know which one yet, i am going to keep the stock rear speakers, and get an MTX sub 12'. do you think this is a good setup. i listen to mainly rock music like U2 and The Rolling Stones, but i also listen to some rap and hip-hop.

thanks so much for your help.
thomas

Unregistered guest
Hey, I'm kind of in a weird situation. I have a 97 Civic coupe and I'm looking to get something cheap ($600-800) that can also interface with my ipod. With this price range I'm almost certainly going to get used and refurbed parts on ebay, but I don't even know where to start.

I've seen that Alpine headunits with AI-Net ability can hook up directly to the ipod's data port via the KCA-420i interface. I would like to replace all the speakers, but I don't even know where to begin as far as what those speakers should be and how they will be powered. As it's been discussed above, would it be necessary for me to have rear speakers? Or would the two in the doors plus a sub be enough?

Speaking of subs, I'm looking at a 10" or 12" sub - once again, don't know how it's going to be powered, or which company to buy from. Audio fidelity is not a huge concern, more than anything I'd like a decent level of thump. I'm an audiophile and a hip-hop junkie at home (just put together a klipsch/yamaha home theater system) but as far a car's go I'm pretty clueless.

Much thanks in advance for dealing with such an ambiguous request!

p90
Unregistered guest
hi i have a 94 camry and im currently upgrading my system right now i have 2 rockford fosgate punch 12"s and a punch p3001 amp.my hu is jvc 200watts.with stock speakers will other speakers make a big difference?

delsolxplosion
Unregistered guest
hey every one i am 16 i drive a 1993 honda del sol and am completly redoing the sound system in the car with a all sony xplod system i have a Sony CDX-F5510 head unit, i am ordering a SONY XM-DS1300P5 800W MONO amp, i have 2 sony xs-l122p5 12" subs "Brand New" and 6.5s all around.
the subs only cost 117 dollers and the amp is only goin to be 110 dollers and i was wondering if it was a good set up running the subs bed at 2 ohms on the amp because i am new to sound systems as the last system i had i found the speakers in teh dumpster funny thing is they worked for 3 months perfectly but whatever

wRx2003
Unregistered guest
What up guys, i'm trying to figure out what to get for my 2003 WRX, i'm thinking of getting
300W pioneer amp
Alpine subs - type R
2 3-way jenson 6x9s
my price range is something thats not to cheap but not tooooo expensive. what you guys think

Bronze Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 55
sure are a lot of unaswered questions in here lol
oh and phungayy or however you spell your name you are definately talking out your @ss when it comes to xplode im sure well all see a future post from you saying that everyone who knocks xplode is right

Unregistered guest
Hey, i am getting an Eclipse (98) and the price was cheaper then i thought and i have at least 2,000 to spend on a nice system. But i have no idea what i am doing. It has 6 speakers, and i was looking at infinity speakers, what would u reckonmend for subs, bass, amp, and the 6 speakers. I also want to get a DVD/CD flip-up screen in the front, but i am not sure to buy the cheapest or buy the one that has the best quality. Please help this guy out. Well Thank You So Much!

Ryan

blobert
Unregistered guest
i was just wondering, i have a 2000 silverado. is it possible for me to put 2 15" kicker solobaric subs in the bed of my truck? because of the back bench seat, i cannot fit subs anywhere else. and if so, should i get a sealed hard top or one that works like a trunk would... for security.
thanks a bundle

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 59
yes it is possible as long the hard top is sealed, and has a lock, lol. Just make sure you strap the box down really tight or else it WILL slide. And make sure no bare wire is exposed to the outide.

blobert
Unregistered guest
could i cut out an area in the frame and the bed, weld sheetmetal inbetween or something, so i could have richer sound, and a way to wire the speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 79
To have richer sound, you may want to install sound deadner like edead. It will stop the trunk from rattling and make the bass clearer. You can cut a small hole in the truck to let the wires go through. Any wires that stick out of the truck, you may want to reinforce with electrical tape or something. Also, I would recommend putting the amp under the seat, and wiring the subs from there.

blobert
Unregistered guest
will dynomat work just as well? i am going to put fabric on the entire bed and the hard top.
will i still hear the bass as well since it has no way to get in the truck?
i am new to all of this. i just know about the speakers and whatnot not how thw sound works.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 877
Indeed it will!

chillen
Unregistered guest
if i have a sub that handles 1000 watts rms and 2000 watts peak, do i need a 2000 watt amp to have it work? what would you guys suggest?

Silver Member

Post Number: 893
It would be best if you found an amp that puts out 1000w RMS. Amps and subs should not be matched by their peak values.

Unregistered guest
hi all, like every one i'm looking for help and think i might find it here. first i live in england, drive a 190e mercs, 4in speakers in the dash,custom made rear shelf _3way system made in germany special for 190e's had to really press company to sell to me as they only sell them in germany). i would like a set of kicks to add (missing in the middle of car, sounds blank)i cannot get kicks in london, does anyone know of a company that can sell me a pair, or if there is anyone on this site that can make them for me (not for free)i will watch this site for any replys. i am alos willing to get one of those special rear shelfs for merc 190e only loaded with a 3way 1000watt speaker system. reason i want kick panels is i do not want to cut into panels. car to sweet for that. thanks for any help

Renee
Unregistered guest
I am very uneducated in the market of car audio systems. In fact i have no idea where to start looking or even what to look for. I have a 2000 F150 with stock sound system. I have XM radio and basically want to have the best system i can with a budget of up to $2000. I know this is a very broad question, but I need all the advice i can get. thanks!

Unregistered guest
I just spent all my money on a 92 honda accord (51,000 miles) and now i'm very interested in doing some research and planning out what sound system to put into it. I really dont want to get trash, but i also dont want to spend too much more than $500 (however everything under $500 is trash i'd be willing to go higher); where do you suggest i start learning basics about car audio? any suggestions to what i should try to start reading up on? --- all i know is that sony xplodes suck and that rear audio is overrated. Thanks for any help :D

Unregistered guest
I just spent all my money on a 92 honda accord (51,000 miles) and now i'm very interested in doing some research and planning out what sound system to put into it. I really dont want to get trash, but i also dont want to spend too much more than $500 (however everything under $500 is trash i'd be willing to go higher); where do you suggest i start learning basics about car audio? any suggestions to what i should try to start reading up on? --- all i know is that sony xplodes suck and that rear audio is overrated. Thanks for any help :D

Unregistered guest
...however if*** everything...

(sorry)

Unregistered guest
i have a 2000 mitsubishi galant and i want to put a sound system in it.. i dont want to spend too much.. my buddy already hooked me up with a pioneer head unit and i have coustic 240 watt amplifier.. i was wondering do i have to change my stock speakers? will it sound bad if i dont. i plan to put 1 10' inch rockford punch that has 200w rms handling.. is that good? im verryy new with car audio and dont know if 200w is good for a subwoofer.. and will the amp be able to handle it? thanks

Unregistered guest
i have a 1992 nissan sentra se-r i have to 12" kickers witha custom scorpion box i have a 1200 watt kenwood amp with four mids that are 6x9's pioneer 240 watts my problem is i was wondering if i should install another amp for the mid ranges and i also was wondering wat i could do to stop the rattling that isn't so expensive becasue just to dynamat my trunk is going to cost me like 300 dollars so if u know some home remedys or anything that could be done let me know

Gold Member

Post Number: 1124
Interesting setup. It's kind of vague, however...6x9's are full range...unless you have a HPF on them? I'm not sure if I follow how you're going to use another amp or if I even understand how you have a 1200 watt powering four speakers and a sub.

Who would be installing the dynamat? And how bad is the rattle?

Unregistered guest
jexx well the amp is only connected to woofer no other speakers the 6x9 is running from the stereo i am only fifteen and i dont know much about stereos so i need as much help as i can get well if u guys are willing to help me here is my e mail lil_skraps@yahoo.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1141
Do you have an Instant Messenger? That would be much easier!

Unregistered guest
yes i do have instant messnegeri have yahoo and msn messenger juss let me know if u could hit me up cuz this is hella confusing

Gold Member

Post Number: 1149
My MSN is spinsharp@hotmail.com and my yahoo is illuminator321@yahoo.com I'm on MSN tons more than Y!M. What are your screen names?

Tommy G.
Unregistered guest
Im all new in car audio. I got a 97 Explorer with 300w x 2chl Boss amp, two JBL 12" subs
and I was wondering what I need as far as wiring and what not. so let me know or can yall refer me two some web sites that can tell me what I need two know

Dj Nick
Unregistered guest
yo yo i just got a brand new 2005 escalade and i wanna know da absolute best o da best setup 4 competin. just wonderin what ur thoughts are on systems. email me at allo_gelato@hotmail.com

Username: Zanamoto1

British Colu... Canada

Hey i was just wondering if i was 2 use a set of infinity perfect 6.1s would i need an amp and is so what would be a good one 2 look at getting. thanx

McDizzle
Unregistered guest
Hey, i just got a 2003 dodge neon with its stock speakers and i was wondering what the best cheap option was for me. Im new in the car audio field, but i was looking to spend a maximum of $300. Nothing super huge but nicer than the stocks. Any suggestions?

Username: Asticot

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire England

Hi there,
I have a 2005 Subaru Impreza. I am planning on fitting Infinity 6.1 perfects into the front doors. With a suitable amp.
There are rear door speakers which are limited in size. Do I just disconnect them or what would you reccomend? depth does not matter as it did for the fronts. Cutout greater than 4.61" will require metal trimming of metal door panel, so prefer to avoid this if possible. Coax speakers with a more flush mounted tweeter will fit better than say a speaker w/ a tweeter that extends 1" out since it will hit the door panel back side. Would you Amp them?
Boot has a lot of metal and I'm advised subs don't work well. What do you think to the idea of 6x9 subs(such as "Kenwood KSCWA69RC") on rear shelf or slimline subs (Kenwood KSC-WA62RC or Alpine SWD 1600)under front seats?

Advice and reccomendations please

Kind regards,

Username: Noyz55

Philippines

New here, just asking what amp do you all recomend for my setup?

Headunit : Pioneer DEH-P6750MP
Speakers : Infinity Perfect 6.1
Subwoofer : JL Audio 12W6v2

Thanks...

Username: Arcanebits

How good or bad are those BUMPER Low speakers? I bought one 350wats 10inches... sounds really good but need to hear other opinions. its moved by a 1200wats audiopipe amplifier.

I have a Sony Xplod Head Unit (i know its not the best, but plays mp3 greatly) exacly it can hadle without and Amplifier? I have 4 pionners tsa-1680 (220wats) and need to know if the HU cand habdle with its announced 55wats x 4. (maybe rms, dont know)

Other thing i bought an new battery about 850 amps, but need to know, how the elecrtricicy its supplied to the HU and Speakers etc..., the car batery feeds everybody or is the alternator? or the two of them?

also i have a 6 inches little plasma on the rear sit, with my Xbox under the copilot seat attachet to an AC/DC converter wich is pugged to the lighter. My wife plays a lot and my baby girl a.k.a. "The worlds desrtoyer" watchs lots of movies on it. Those that drains and kills the battery?

Thanks in advance.

Username: Arcanebits

How good or bad are those BUMPER Low speakers? I bought one 350wats 10inches... sounds really good but need to hear other opinions. its moved by a 1200wats audiopipe amplifier.

I have a Sony Xplod Head Unit (i know its not the best, but plays mp3 greatly) exacly it can hadle without and Amplifier? I have 4 pionners tsa-1680 (220wats) and need to know if the HU cand habdle with its announced 55wats x 4. (maybe rms, dont know)

Other thing i bought an new battery about 850 amps, but need to know, how the elecrtricicy its supplied to the HU and Speakers etc..., the car batery feeds everybody or is the alternator? or the two of them?

also i have a 6 inches little plasma on the rear sit, with my Xbox under the copilot seat attachet to an AC/DC converter wich is pugged to the lighter. My wife plays a lot and my baby girl a.k.a. "The worlds desrtoyer" watchs lots of movies on it. Those that drains and kills the battery?

Thanks in advance.

LEE1233
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A ALPINE CDA 9851 HEAD UNIT. 2 10 INCH EV'S FOR THE DECK, AND 2 6INCH B&C SPEAKERS FOR THE DOORS, AND 1 15 INCH L7 FOR BASS. I ALSO HAVE 2 AUTOTEK AMPS 400 WATTS AND 900 WATTS. I WAS THINKING OF RUNNING THE 2 DOOR SPEAKERS TO THE 400 WATT AMP AND HOOK THE EVS UP TO THE 900 WATT AMP AND PUSH THE 15 INCH L7 WITH A 1500 WATT MONO BLOCK HIFONICS AMP. ANY ADVICE AS TO THE HOOK-UP I AM THINKING ABOUT.

Anonymous

I have two kicker cvr 15's and two rockford 1200's and i was wondering what size capacitor i should get?

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 168
dont get one

Luna
Unregistered guest
Hi I just bought a 2002 mustang convertible. The speakers are blown and it still has the stock cd player in it. I am broke but want an upgrade for now. I have about $400 for new speakers and head unit. I listen to music that I like to hear bass but it doesnt have to boom everyone to death. I need something loud with lots of sound when the top is down. Can any one suggest something with my low budget. I have been looking at some pioneer speakers 6'8" for the front and 6 1/2 for the back.

Unregistered guest
ey watsup , im 16 i got a honda civic i have 2 pioneer TS-A1681R 4 way speakers in the back and 2 TS-G1640R 2 way speakers in the front. I am soon going 2 install 2 10" Alpine type S-10 subwoofers, I want to know is that if i use 2 amps. one 4 the speakers and the other for the sub. will that be the best choice for the bump that im looking for, and if so can u prescribe a certain amp, compatible for this setup?

Tony S.
Unregistered guest
I own a 2001 Expedition and I want to spend about $3000. My Expedition has two chairs instead of the bench in the middle and has a bench in the back. I dont want to get rid of the bench in the back but I can put stuff on top of it cause I only need 1 spot in the back for a person. I dont know anything about sound systems but I want it to sound good and be really loud to upset the neigbors. Can someone help me out.

Tony S.
Unregistered guest
oops sorry I have about $4500USD to spend on a system

Unregistered guest
Wuz up yall. I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant with a 15" Kicker L5 in the back. I was thinking of changing my sealed enclosure for a ported enclosure, but I don't know if there will be much of a difference in bass. Also if anyone out there has a 15" sub in a ported box in a Galant could you tell me if it will fit if it has dimensions of W:22.5",H:17",D:17.5". Another thing I'm considering is getting a 15" L7 but my amp only puts out 800 watts rms and the Kicker Solobaric S15L7 has an rms rating of 1000 watts, will 800 watts be enough to feed the L7 and would it have more bass than the L5. thanks!

Anonymous

I have a nissan 200sx(small coupe) n was looking for a new system ranging from $1,000-1,500. Are rear speakers necessary? i definitely want subs n was thinking about 2 alpine type-R 12's, wat amp would go best with these or are there better subs for the same amount of money? which headunit should i go with? should i go with alpine or infinity front speakers? I listen to mostly rap n some rock. any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 131
in responseto 01 galant i have an 03 galant and i used to have 2 15's in sealed boxes you could easily fit a single 15" ported box in there. i now have 3 jl 12w3's in a box that is in the spare tire well facing up. 800 watts rms would be fine for the L7 and would be louder than the L5 especially of you went ported.

Casey Kernna
Unregistered guest
I am 15 and soon will get my license. I have a 1969 mustang coupe and i NEED to upgrade the audio system. I dont no much about car audio but i have heard Power Aquistic MOFO subs and JL and Kicker subs are pretty good. Is this true? And for the money which brand is the best. Also i would like to get the Alpine 9830 but dont no how to match an amp with the subs or the mid speakers....thanks for the help...u can email me if u want kernancasey@yahoo.com

Casey Kernna
Unregistered guest
I am 15 and soon will get my license. I have a 1969 mustang coupe and i NEED to upgrade the audio system. I dont no much about car audio but i have heard Power Aquistic MOFO subs and JL and Kicker subs are pretty good. Is this true? And for the money which brand is the best. Also i would like to get the Alpine 9830 but dont no how to match an amp with the subs or the mid speakers....thanks for the help...u can email me if u want kernancasey@yahoo.com

Casey Kernna
Unregistered guest

ricky g
Unregistered guest
im 16 and have a 99 camry. i dont no alot about car audio but want to upgrade my system. im willing to spend $600-$800.This is what i was thinking...
-Head Unit: Sony In-Dash CD Player (CDX-F5710)
-Front Speakers: Pioneer 6 1/2" 3-Way Speakers (TS-A1671R)
-Rear Speakers:dont no yet (any suggestions?)
-Subwoofers: Pioneer 10" Subwoofer (TSW250R)(1 or 2??)
-Amplifier: not really sure but thinking Jensen 4-Channel Amplifier (JPA460)
PLEASE help me out and tell me what i should do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us