Dual Amp Issue

Username: Paulb3

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with my Audiobahn 2 channel sub amp stying on even though the car and deck are off.I even tried unplugging the remote wire from the amp and it still stays on. The kicker is the pioneer high amp works fine, kicks on and off with the deck, but the audiobahn stay on all the time. I have nhooked the cpacitor to make sure it wasnt involved and it had no effect. I have checked my wiring and everything looks good. I am running 4 gauge wire to a fuse in the engine compartment to the back to a fused stinger distribution block, form the block I have 4 gauge going to the cap and 8 gauge going from the block to the pioneer and audiobahn amps. I have the remote wire running into the pioneer and then jumping from the remote block on the pioneer to the audiobahn. The grounds are securly fasten to frame bots behind the seats. The head unit is working fine and all wiring is fine in the dash. The voltage meter on the audiobahn shows it pulling 12V all the time.

I say it is a bad amp as we have called stinger and crutchfield (they are sending me another one) and have ruled out other possibilites but I wanted to see if there is anything that I could have missed. The only thing about it is that maybe the control board is bad in the amp, because the sub controler in the dash from the amp did not power up, even though the amp is on.

any thoughts?

Paul

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 362
Well thats just Audiobahn at their best. Something on the board must have shorted out are something if it wouldn't go off even after unhooking the remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us