Maybe over heat not sure?

Username: Tkolp

Post Number: 1
i have a kicker ZX300.1 2010 model running my four speakers in my truck. some days only the speakers shut off, but the amp still gives power to my stereo. i assume that that is just too much bass or too loud. not sure? also i have to two 6x5 with tweets in the front and two 6x8 in the back. and my amp last night just shut off. i didnt look for any lights but the amp was really freakin hot when i touched it. any suggestions or ideas for both of those concerns.

Post Number: 2
Also the amp wont come back on. i think there might be a possible blown fuse, but would one blown fuse really cause it to not turn on. And i got the amp literally like 3 weeks ago i just dont get how i could blow a fuse so quickly.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 354
Let me understand a little better,

Your speakers are connected to the HU or other amp??

I guess the kicker ZX300.1 is connected to a sub, what model of sub is that. And yes are there any lights that come up now on that amp?

At this point do you have any sound or its all silent.

Post Number: 3
okay, my four speakers are run thru my amp. and the amp is connected to my stereo, and there is no sub. i just wanted my speakers to be able to get louder. i have no sound and no power is going to my amp. also, no lights are on because there is no power. at least that i can see. i believe it may be a fuse, but im not sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
Tkolp this is the strangest setup that I have ever heard of,

The kicker ZX300.1 is a monoblock amplifier!! (single channel)

So if all 4 speakers are directly connected to the amp the total load is 1 ohm, your amp can't work at 1 ohm load!

If thats the case thats the reason it overheats! There are two 20A fuses on the amp and there should be one in-line fuse near the battery, check those 3 and replace any blown ones but you can't run that amp like this or it will cook.

Replace with same type 20A fuses do not use lower or higher rating.

Also you are not hearing stereo sound!

Post Number: 4
okay. so let me explain this. i figured it out. i unplugged everything thing from my amp(which is a 2channel) and i just thought. i started pulling fuses, checking my battery, and blah blah blah. i decided to try one more time after i plugged everything in. and it still didnt work. i sat there really confused until i was hit with a light bulb. i have a 1992 ford f150, and when the driver door is open, it makes an annoying sound when the key is in the ignition. also my speedometer stopped working last night and i assumed it was just random. but actually i some how blew a single 15A fuse which was stopping a huge list of things from working(which includes power to my amp). so i replaced that and im up n running again. my amp didnt overheat so no lights were on so it makes sense. i redid everything so my actual quality to my speakers is better. and thanks man you got me thinking so problem solved. thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
If you say so then OK, guess that its me that ended confused..lol.. maybe you gave me the wrong model on the amp.. Best of luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us