What to do

Username: Robertbockman

Post Number: 1
i have a 2006 gmc yukon it came with a 8 speaker and a 6 inch subwoofer bose sytem i have since put a after market alpine CDE-122 i also went out and bought a pyle PLI090BL 10 inch 1000 watt subwoofer now im looking for and amp i have found several within my $100 budget but the one i got my eye on is a kenwood KAC-8105D 1000 watt with rms at 500 watts for $92 will this amp push this 10 inch? do you know of a better buy elsewere? and will the new sub play well with my bose system?

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 278
Pyle subs are rated peak so its most likely 300W RMS at 4 ohms. Thats a tiny sub for a yukon!

kenwood KAC-8105D
300 X 1 @ 4
500 X 1 @ 2

Those 2 match very well if the sub is 4 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1335
The Pyle PLI090BL is a DVC 4 Ohm Subwoofer, so overall your going to be looking for an Amplifier that is 2 Ohm Stable.

As Joe Durkham stated above, Pyle rates all of their products use MAX Watts, which is not what your looking for when purchasing Car Audio products. One problem with this specific Subwoofer, is that Pyle has no Spec for what the RMS Watts is. Even in the user manually, it doesn't even mention RMS...

Overall, for a low performance Subwoofer, I would say anywhere from 250-350 Watts RMS Watts is the range that you should be looking for. With that said, the Kenwood KAC-8105D is CEA-2006 Compliant, so it will probably put out a little under 500 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms, which is too much for the Pyle PLI090BL to handle.

A better choice of Amplifier would be the Kicker DX250.1 or the Rockford Fosgate PRIME R250-1.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
You can buy the Kenwood KAC-8105D since is cheap, optimistically the Pyle could take 400W RMS so controlling your gain you will be fine with it. You have to wire your sub coils in parallel.

Now your alpine HU is great, the sub and amp you want are really subpar, your yukon is big!! a single 10" is little!

Id really go with different gear.

Username: Robertbockmanyahoocom

Post Number: 1
well i must say you have given me alot to think about. your advice is sound thankyou all. i plan to add a second 10 inch in a couple of months. my problem is i have no room for 12s ive got three seats and in the back its only got 14inches width plus im not looking to be heard coming from 2 blocks away i just want to add more thump to the bass experience. 2 tens should do that for me no? now with that in mind i have choosen a amp its a Audiopipe APSM-1300 its 2 Ohm stable, think its 600w rms at 2 ohm, and its foot print is small, once i get my other 10" i should have room for another audiopipe. now joe1234 said i need to have my sub coils in parallel. can you give some input about that please? or where i can go to read up on it? ive googled it but i havent found much

Post Number: 2
ok i found a site dealiing with 1 DVC driver with Voice Coils in Parallel

Post Number: 3
I'm back after a closer look at the apsm-1300 has four speaker outs but i cant tell which is left and right you can see this at the following site http://www.audiopipe.com/products/amplifiers/apsm/apsm-1300.html
also it has a bridge in and a bridge out rca input output what that all about?
can this amp be bridged?
if so it would come out as right + and left - then the parallel
you would be Connecting the two voice coils of the driver in parallel (+ to + - to -)
see diagram attached.
please bare with me im new to all of this thats why i have so many questions

application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.documentUpload
1 DVC driver with Voice Coils in Parallel.docx (18.2 k)

Post Number: 4
ooops

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
Ok first you need a 1 ohm stable amp to drive a second pyle sub. The Audiopipe APSM-1300 is in fact 1 ohm stable and should give 500W to each sub so you are OK with that amp no need for a second amp (you will wire both subs in parallel to the amp so that total impedance go to 1 ohm).

Take a look at a DVC sub wired in parallel:

Upload

I would use these $44.99 subs instead of the pyles because these will sound much, much louder using the same amp and using less energy:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_130_Audiobahn-AW1051T.html

Of course is it not required, you can still use 2 pyles.

So will it be powerful enough? that largely depends on you expectations but certainly you almost wont be heard a few cars away (at least with the pyles).

Post Number: 5
ok cool ty im getting my amp on the 3rd then next month ill buy one Audiobahn ten then ill put it up till i can get another one mean while ill run the pyle. did i mention that the audiopipe amp has 4 speaker outs two positives and two negatives but it dosent say on the amp which is right and left maybe the manual will say which are left and right
my budget is so small because i am disabled and my ss is low o well thats life ok thanks again joe

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
Or if you can, return the pyle to save money. Anyways, no problem that the amp has 4 terminals its just to make it comfortable to wire both subs but the amp is still single channel.

A few other things, the box for the subs should be selected carefully so not any prefab will do, and before connecting the amp lower the gain to almost zero to prevent damage to the subs. We will be glad to answer any other questions you may have.

Post Number: 6
do i need to install a 1 farad or higher capacitor.?

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
You can if you want Robert but its not really necessary, those small subs will take little power from your system.

It is more like the amp can kill the subs very easily, so one must be careful when installing.

You should take care of the box you use. Listen a little to the Pyle, if you like it buy a second one and get a box appropriate for them, if you go for the audiobahns then a different enclosure will be necessary.

Post Number: 7
well i just got a manual from audiopipe and i was looking at a 4 gauge 2000w install kit you talked about the box you sounded like the box is a key Component to a sound system ive only got a 14inch space behind the 3rd seat so i thnik a ten inch box will fit the question i have which one to choose sealed or vented? the one thing i dont understand is ohms i looked at the DVC sub wired in parallel if i wire it up that way will ohms automatically go to 2 or 1 ohm? how do i adjust the ohms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
First thing to look is that the cable is long enough for that vehicle, For those subs 4 gauge is ok.

What is important about the enclosure is that the internal volume is right for the sub, in case the enclosure is ported then the internal volume of the port is also important.

Ported is louder than sealed but the volumes I told you about become more important and dependent on the sub you are using. Also the box becomes bigger.

So don't buy some random box specially if its ported. I might be able to come up with some numbers later.

Regarding the connections its very easy, you just wire each sub as above, then you have on the amp 2 negative and 2 positive terminals, each sub will need one negative and one positive, thats four terminals once connected like that you are at 1 ohm.

Post Number: 8
ok ty its not to hard to learn when you got somebody who knows what hes doing explain it to you k bed time for me

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
Ok Robert did some checking and the enclosure for the Pyles should as follows:

Sealed: dual chamber at least 0.85 cuft internal volume per chamber.

Ported: dual chamber at least 1.1 cuft internal volume per chamber, port tuned at 30Hz.

Ported sounds as loud as if you doubled the amplifier power.

If you decided to get the Audiobahns let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us