Need help finding a new HU

Bronze Member
Username: E3_overkill

Post Number: 28
Hey guys im looking for a new HU. im looking for sonething with at least 3 pre-sub outputs, aux, usb plug in. And mainly does NOT have a detactable face. I absolutely hate that. Just make it seem cheap to me. It. Doesnt matter to much on the price range. Maybe 275 or less around their. I have a 4 channel amp and 1 channel amp. So my question is how many pre sub or pre amp output should i have. And what are the difference between the two ? I like some thing to be sleek and have luke flat buttons not big huge circle volume nab. So thanks guys if you can help me out with this. I really appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 216
Alpine-CDA-117, it has many flat buttons unlike Pioneer's "joystick" volume knob:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24406_Alpine-CDA-117.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Yeah but that alpine has a detactable face. I trying to find one with out the removable face but still has all the same features. But i was looking at that alpine HU once before.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Many double din multimedia decks will not have a detachable face. Anyways if the whole HU is there to be taken someone will.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Yeah i know. Kind of sucks. But im not to worried about that. Well right now i have a jvc kameleon. I love it. Their amazing HU jusy the problem have no aux inputs or USB.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
And i also dont have the room in my car for a double din. Which really sucks. So im trying to find a single din.

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
No current stuff that I am aware of but you can also get this:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6655_Clarion-EQS746.html

So you connect the output of the HU to it and then from this to the amps, it has AUX in so from there you can connect any mp3 player or ipod.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Ohh shot. So you connect the outputs of my head unit in the EQ. so then the input of the EQ into the sub amp. But what if i have to sub. I have a 4 channel and a mono amp. You know the 4 channel for my speakers and the mono for my subs. So do i just hook up the Sub amp and not the speaker amp ? So does an EQ run of a remote wire like an amp or no its always on? Or how do that work?

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1318
Whaaaa!? You have a JVC Kameleon!? Are you willing to sell it by any chance?

Also, as far as your questions go, the closest thing that I can find to match what you want is:

Pioneer MVH-P7300:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32870_Pioneer-MVH-P7300.html

Kenwood KIV-BT900:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22924_Kenwood-KIV-BT900.html

Kenwood KIV-701:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33454_Kenwood-KIV-701.html

As for your second question, if you are going to be installing a 4-channel and a mono-block amplifier, you are going to need a total of 3 RCA Cables. 2 for the 4-channel amplifier, and 1 for the mono-block Amplifier.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
E3_overkill, that EQ can provide all 3 pairs the sub and front and back speaker signals, you fader on the EQ. That thing is really cheap.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Yeah i have a kameleon. That definitely by far the best HU ive ever had. Im trying to keep it, but some how get aux input. Cause it has all the other stuff i need already i just want to be able to hook up my ipod. Do you guys have any ideas of how i can do that ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
The EQ can provide all 3 outputs sub + 2 front/back speakers. AND the aux input.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Joe1234 what do you mean by that thing is real cheap ? That EQ that was suggested? Or what. So i could hook both my amps into an EQ. if thats the easy way to get what i want?

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
The EQ is cheap but great sounding, you can hook both amps. It will be a easy way to keep your HU (if thats your first option).

Check out the specs with the link I gave you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Ohh sweet thank joe. Seriously i appreciate it alot. Cause thats what i want to keep my head unit. But be able to hook an aux Through my iphone.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
Yes you just switch to aux on the EQ and your iphone (or any other audio player) takes over. It even has independent input level controls.

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1321
If your just looking for an input to connect your iPod, all you need to do is purhase a JVC KS-U57.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Joe1234 is the a smaller EQ that offers the same sound quality and aux opition? Im just wondering haha cause im trying to hid all this stuff or kind of keep it touked away. I was wondering if you knew of any EQ's like that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Kaerfpl I dont see how buying the JVC KS-U57 will help me connect and iphone to my HU? Im getting confused on that one. Hahah sorry. I feel like a idiot. Asking that question. Cause i have an jvc kameleon, and it is an older HU.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
Its half din, not sure if there is smaller with that many inputs/outputs, If you can do without equalization you can try Joe S suggestion (research if its compatible). But equalization will be a plus it works great.

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1322
If you were to purchase the JVC KS-U57, then all you would need to do is also grab a 3.5mm Male to 2 RCA Left & Right Audio Female Adapter. You can find these at any local shops like Best Buy, Radio Shack, ect.. ect...

Of course, purchasing one of those would not enable you the full features of using your iPod on your deck. For that, you would need to purchase the JVC KS-U30. This also allows you to connect a Devices via USB as well along with the iPod.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yeah true true . I was thinking about getting the JVC Kameleon KD-AVX44 which is the latest of that series. And it has the 2 pre amp and i one mono sub output.Also has the USB Input for ipod/iphonez And it also keeps that sleekness about it. So i was thinking about doing that. but i should probably get an EQ. for alot better sound quality. Cause im going to get the two 12 inch type r (new model) and then the MB Quarts 1500. 1, and have them at 750 WRMS a piece. So that HU should be good for it. And joe, and kaerfpl for all the help it really been helpful. Thank you.

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1323
So does that mean you'll sell me your current Kameleon after you get a new one!?

Username: Andy001

Post Number: 1
There aren't AUX adapters to sell.It sells car dvd\
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help