Best amp?

Dai_Ca
Unregistered guest
sorry, i dont really know much about car audio...so im wondering if an expert here can help me out...

i want to get 1 x S10L7 (kicker) - 4 ohm...which is the most suitable amp i should get with this sub? what about the 2 ohm? and what difference does it make?

thanks for any replies

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 241
with a 2 ohm sub youll usually spend less money on a amp to power it. Find an amp that has the rms rating at the sub at the right ohm rating. then look for it on ebay

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 344
If your gonna get one sub get the dvc 4 ohm version. You will be able to wire it at 2 ohms. Take a look at the jbl 600.1 if your going for a sealed box and if your gonna go ported look at the xtant A6001T. Look for both on ebay. Both amps will be under 300.00 bucks and will push that sub very well.

Dai_Ca
Unregistered guest
hmmm...and what would be a good head unit to go with these two? im probably gonna get an alpine..just not sure which model would be best for 1 x S10L7 - 4 ohm + JBL 600.1 sealed.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 249
find a good alpine itll be fine. and pick an amp to power the subs the amp wont change just because you have a different box type

Dai_Ca
Unregistered guest
yea..i was gonna take davids2004's suggestion and get the jbl 600.1 and wire it at 600 watts RMS @ 2 ohms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us