What happened to Soundstream ??

Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 1
Hi All !! Hope some of you guys can bring me back up to speed. I have been out of car audio for awhile and am buying a new car . So time to start doing my reserch . I used to run phoenix gold 'MG430 and MS275" I see they have gone to S*%T , And I have run and loved Soundstream . I heard they got bought out by power acoustic ?? When did that happen ? Which of there amps are still good ? It's only a Volkswagen GTI and I dont need high spl's just excellant sound. I am going with either boston or diamond audio seperates and 1 10 JL sub. I read somewhere that the LIL wonder amps, agina amps are still old soundstream ? Is that correct ? I'm leaning towards the D'Artagan amp "also pre byout? " as the 6 channels look pretty good. Do you think the D'Artagan and the lil wonder amps are basically the same internally ? Any info would be greatly appreiated !!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3995
all true.
ppi, orion, a/d/s, and a few others were all bought out by Directed and moved overseas and went the same crap route as well.
RF is "ok" but not what they were ten years ago.

here's a brief list of good/bad:
http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 2
Hi GlassWolf, you seem to be "The Man " on here and I have read many of your posts and respect your opinions. Do you think you could possibly tell me your direct opinion on soundstream amps ? Specifically the ones I have listed ? And are those specific ones still built like the old ones or are they built like a glorified power acoustic ? Thanks in advance, Jerry

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 229
nice buy on the gti..... fellow owner right here

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 190
From CarHiFi News:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soundstream - Resurrection....

Perhaps, some of you already know that the present Soundstream (organization as well as products) is different from that of the "old" one in outfits and product philosophy. While all efforts and claims are directed at maintaining the high-end image of the Soundstream, it is more of an exercise of resurrection. The image of Soundstream has suffered a serious setback since it went into financial trouble the last couple of years. No much new product development and poor after sales service. The current owner Power Acoustik Inc that deals with entry level products made in China and Korea for its Power Acoustik and Fahrenheit, should find its going in Soundstream an uphill battle. The dealers and the customers alike have long forgotten the Soundstream. While maintaining most of the old names for the new line up - Da Vinci, Tarantula, D'Artagnan, Rubicon, just to name a few, the products are essentially different. The new line up does not strike out as anything technologically advance products in the car audio industry. Cosmetic changes to the heat sinks are the order of the day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The "old" SoundStream, PPI, and Orions are dead.

-Matt

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 3
I've read somewhere that the amps before 2000 were still built at the original soundstream place, and after that they moved and any amps built after that are just not the same . I like the older reference amps, but would much rather buy a "new" amp . I just want to get a "new" soundstream thats as good as the old ones. I don't mind if it was built in 99 as long as it's still new in box and not new been in some teenagers trunk being beat to death for 4 years .

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 4
I've read somewhere that the amps before 2000 were still built at the original soundstream place, and after that they moved and any amps built after that are just not the same . I like the older reference amps, but would much rather buy a "new" amp . I just want to get a "new" soundstream thats as good as the old ones. I don't mind if it was built in 99 as long as it's still new in box and not new been in some teenagers trunk being beat to death for 4 years .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us