What Kind of Amp should i buy?

Username: Barrettsa

Post Number: 2
So ive just bought my first car and im thinking about ordering 2 kicker solo S12s and i was wondering what kind of amp should i buy?
The rms on 2 kickers combined is 5000w and the peak power would be 10000watts. I feel like i have little knowledge for the money being dropped here but i have to learn some way.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1047
Hello BarrettSA, those kicker subwoofers are a hell of a place to start with being your first vehicle. Before I even get into any specifics, what is your budget you are willing to spend of the overall system? I can tell you right now that if you wanted to use those, you will be spending well over $2800 on everything you need.

Post Number: 3
My budget is around 2500-3000

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1048
Alright, do you have anything yet at all like a Deck, Speakers, Enclosure and/or Wires.

Post Number: 4
My buddy is going to build me an enclosure and the rest I was planning on buying with the subs and I was going to get a mechanics shop to advise me on what wires I would need

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1049
Well I can tell you what you will need in terms of wires, that shouldn't be a problem.

I will personally find and build you a system on that budget later tonight when I get out of work later tonight for you.

Just as a precaution though, you will need to upgrade the electrical system in your vehicle for using that much power. What is the kindof vehicle you have anyway BarrettSA?

Post Number: 5
2007 bonds civic sedan

Post Number: 6
Sorry honda civic stupid autocorrect on my phone lol

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1050
With your budget, I could only manage to use 1 Kicker Subwoofer instead of 2. Below I have listed the Amplifier, Wiring Kit, A Deck and 6-1/2" Speakers to consider, a more improved Battery, and a link where you can contact Nate at excessiveamperage.com on a price quote for a HO Alternator. Everything below lists for $2498.95 before taxes.

Kicker 07S12X4 ($699.99):
http://batcap.net/Products/BatCap2000/tabid/89/Default.aspx

HO Alternater from Nate at Excessiveamperage.com ($350+):
http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

Post Number: 7
thank you very much this was really helpful

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1054
No problem. Like I said earlier, this Subwoofer is a handfull for being your first setup. You may even find it too loud to your liking. If you want, I could suggest something differen't and won't empty your wallet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us