Have some Basic HeadUnit Questions

Username: Renegade7

Post Number: 1
Hello everybody. I had a few questions concerning putting a new head unit in an 06 Honda Pilot.

I'd like to be able to use my iPhone to play music through the system. I know it is possible to play the iPhone through the HU, but can I control the iPhone through the HU? Basically I don't want to be using my cell while driving. I'd like like to avoid wires if possible so I'm thinking using bluetooth would work?

Also, how do these in-dash navigation systems work? Are the aftermarket ones as accurate as a factory nav system or a portable unit? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1014
Hello Renegade7, as far as your question goes regarding your iPhone, yes, you can control the functions of the iPhone on CERTAIN Decks. It is important that you make sure the one you select will allow that that option.

Most newer Decks now-a-days are mostly coming with the Bluetooth feature. The way that they work, is that the Deck will come with a Microphone, to where you can install somewhere on your Dash, which is what you will talk into, and the person you are talking to will actually be heard through the speakers of your vehicle. This way, there is no need to be holding the iPhone while driving.

I have never personally owned a Deck that had a Navigation feature, but I do know they are pretty accurate, as long as the Deck you purchase is of high quality. Lower quality Navigation Decks typically tend to be slightly off or have a slow delay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us