Will this setup be decent?

Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello Audiophiles!

I am thinking about adding a subwoofer to my Lexus ES300. I already have an Alpine CDA-7863 deck that I bought a couple of years ago and I am pleased with its output to the factory speakers (pretty decent Pioneers). Now I just want to add a bit of bass.

I was looking at getting the following:
- Alpine MRP-M301 AccuClass D Monoblock Amp (350W RMS @ 2ohms)
- 10" Alpine Dual Voice Coil Type R Sub

I can get both the amp and woofer brand new for $325US. Obviously, with just one 10" amp, huge deafening sound is not a priority. I just want a more full sound (although, some loud volume would be nice too).

What do you think of the above setup?

Regards,
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 393
you should like that set up

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 109
I agree... since you're just trying to add a some bass for hitting the lower notes. That's not a bad price either. I think that you'll be happy with this.

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your input guys!

Do you think this that this is the best I can get given a price range of $300 - $350US?

Many people recommend a bunch of other name brands that I have never heard of before, and are probably really good, but it is tough to research them. From what I read, these Apline unit are supposed to be prety decent and the price seems to be right. The amp is kind of cool because the settings are all digitally controlled. Not a necessity, but cool none-the-less :-)

Regards,
Bryan

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
Sorry, but I put down the wrong product number for the amp. The amp is actually the MRD-M301. The subwoofer is SWR-1041D. Here is some snapshots from the Alpine Spring 2004 catalog:

AMPLIFIER:
Upload
Upload
Upload

SUBWOOFER:
Upload
Upload

Regards,
Bryan

Bronze Member
Username: Virulentv

Post Number: 27
It will be a pretty decent setup. Things can get much better with around $500 range.

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
Please check out my other post regarding the M501 amp and two Alpine Type R 12s . . . there are some cheap subs for sale locally. Please let me know what you think :-)

Thanks!
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 120
I actually just stopped by the local dealer of Alpine today. I saw the new Amps with the digital displays. For about $75 more here you can get a digital Equilizer added that can adjust gains and bass from your seat. This is pretty neat feature. Also I was talking to one of the guys and was asking him to comapre the Type Rs and some other subs. He said the Type Rs have much better SQ than the JL w3s. Since you are not going for loudness I think this sub suits you VERY well. Also the Alpine amps are very nice. I believe you will like this setup very well. Good luck.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
Thanks John . . . that is the kind of reassurance I was hoping for :-)

I have ordered the setup . . . I can't wait for ti to come in!

Regards,
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 274
Bryan D,

Here is what I would do if you just want a little bump.

On ebay get the xtant A3001T-130-150.00 shipped.

Get these subs.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/XTAZ1042FOR1 (75.95 total for both subs)

Total will be less then 250.00 us.

Thats what I would do if your just looking for a little bump. Also I would put them in a ported box or if you dont want alot of bass then go sealed thats what I would do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us