Remote Wire Help

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 114
Hi. I am going to be using 2 amps in my setup. A MTX 311d and a Rockford Fosgate 60ix. Would i just cut the remote wire and twist 2 ends of 2 other wires onto the end of the remote. then hooke each of the 2 wire into the remote. or would sticking the 3 ends together cause some kind of problom. also im not sure but the MTX amp says it has some kind of smart engage system so it does not need a Remote wire but i dont understand that part. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 313
John I have one of the new MTX311ds and it will turn on without a remote wire hooked to it. It turns on when it gets a signal though the RCAs. Just run one remote to your RF and don't worry about a remote for the MTX. Good Luck

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 394
Yeah, but like you were saying about twisting ends together, that is ok. It wont bother anything. Just make sure you insulate with tape.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 119
ok now that kinda ruins my plan. i was planning on putting a switch on my Remote wire so i can shut off my amp when i do not want my subs on. IE around my neighborhood. (old ladies dont like loud music) and around my girlfriends house (again the parents problem. i wouldnt care but her dad is a jackass).

is there any way to do what i was planning still since the MTX only needs the RCA cables. i do not want to splice into those taht would be bad. any other way to keep the subs off without just turning the music off?? would turning the bass all the way down do the trick on the HU??

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 395
I would try turning down the bass first or messing around with things on the HU before, just to see if its good enought. If not you could put in a big old switch on the power lines, but that could get dangerous and bulky. If i was you i would just turn it way down or off when going to those places.

Username: Gotenisdabomb

Midland, Mi Usa

Post Number: 7
if you get a swich put it on your dash and the wire that goes to the battery connet to that and that will turn the power off to the amp and stop the music on the subs or whatever the amp hooks up to

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 397
Very good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us