Problems upgrading 8-speaker Chrysler Infinity; need bass blockers?

Username: Augustedwin

Post Number: 1
I have a 1998 Chrysler T/C with an Infinity 8-speaker sound system. I never would've replaced anything except the stereo didn't play CD-R's and one of the speakers was distorting low frequencies. So I replaced the stereo with a Pioneer DEHP5200 and the front door speakers with a pair of Kenwood KFC-C5793PS's. I didn't realize that four of the eight speakers had amps literally attached to them, and they automatically cut the audio when the volume was high (because the sound was double amplified). So I removed the amps, but it turns out they powered the speakers they were attached to and the other speakers (in the dash and in the very back). Now I'm stuck with the Infinity 6x9's (rear pair) in series with 2" tweeters and the Kenwoods (front pair) in series with the 5-1/4" dash speakers. The 2" speakers distort nonstop, so I don't even have them hooked in (been like this for a week now). The dash speakers are okay except at high volume, but I cannot boost the bass at all, or there is a lot of distortion.

Can I use bass blockers before the tweeters in each series?
How much with the sound be affected by the raised impedance?
What frequency should I block for each speaker size, or how I can I figure that out based on the information I have for each speaker?

I don't really want to use an amp or crossover, and I'd rather not have to dig out the dash speakers or 2" tweeters in the back. But I'll do what I have to do. Just not sure what that is, haha.

I'm fairly new to all this, so any advice is helpful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us