Pioneer DEH-P4600MP and Pre-Outs

Anonymous

I have been trying to get a Kicker DX350 amplifier to work with my Pioneer DEH-P4600MP head unit. I have a 12 feet RCA cable coming out of the back of the head unit going to the amp along with appropriate power and remote cables to the amp. I can hook up the amp to a different audio source and get sound out of the subwoofer, but whenever i hook up the RCA cables from the head unit, there is no sound. The power light is on and the protection light is off on the amp when the car stereo is on.

Now, I made a mistake when I was playing around with an older KIcker amp, and 80SS. I pulled out the crossover module while the amp was on. (I know, i know...) So, my question is....could this have screwed up the RCA pre-outs? I was able to use the 80SS even after I pulled out the module, but could only use it when i filtered out the low frequencies and kept the high frequencies. I assume this is because i screwed up the circuit for the low frequencies.

All that being said, I am trying to get the subwoofer and amp working to no avail. I have read the manual and looked for every possible setting but have found none. A similar post was made a month ago, but nothign was resolved...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/51381.html

any help is appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3893
yes it may be damaged.
get it bench tested.

Username: Rawdrib

Post Number: 1
Is there any way i can test it myself?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »