6 speakers into a 2 channel amp?? pls help !

Username: William1929

Post Number: 2
hello i just bought this amp off ebay http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-HiFi-Stereo-2-Channel-Power-Amplifier-Mini-Amp-T88-/37040 2355022?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item563db3674e#ht_2717wt_905

the amp says its 8-16 ohms but the guy sayed it was actully 4 XD

so i thought of connecting every + together and every - together for 3 and 3 speakers but that would do a parallel conection? the other speakers idk the ohms it says specs about it thogh here http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SAPM53-MULTI.PDF on page 15

so please tell me how to plug this on that amp i really need help fast and it also doesnt say it but it does 2x75rms watts per channel at 4ohms

thanks alot for the quick answers.

Post Number: 3
here is the link for the amp
http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-HiFi-Stereo-2-Channel-Power-Amplifier-Mini-Amp-T88-/37040 2355022?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item563db3674e#ht_2717wt_905

Username: Stevokentucky

Frankfort, Ky Us

Post Number: 1
#1 best thing you can do is go to wal mart and get a $10 multi meter. It will allow you to create these circuits and test the impedance. If each of these speakers you're talking about is 6ohms then wiring them all parallel will create a circuit that has very little impedance. Dont create a circuit that has less impedance than the operation specs for the amp. Creating a circuit that has alot of speakers in series/parallel can get the desired impedance but will alter the sound. The series portion will act like a crossover to the other portions of the circuit.

Post Number: 5
thanks ok i now know that i have an amp that takes 4.13 ohms per channel at 75rms watts per channel , my speakers are 3 of them are 4 ohms, and the other 4 are 6 ohms, i was wondering if the indepence of like 2-3 speakers a 5ohms will be louder than one speaker at 4ohms? and thank you very much :P

Frankfort, Ky Us

Post Number: 4
well thats actually hard to say. It really depends on how sensitive the speakers are and how much power they can handle. But, typically, more impedance means less sensitivity for that circuit especially if you are using a series/parallel circuit.

Frankfort, Ky Us

Post Number: 5
I am curious as to how you achieved 5 ohms with these speakers though?
\

Post Number: 6
i was actully able with 5 speakers look series/paralell, 4+4+6+6 <--so 2 of my 4 ohms speakers and 2 of my 6 ohms and then you divide that 20 by 4 speakers which gives you 5 ohms then cuzz i can just use 5 instead of 6 ( i dont mind ) 6+4 the other 4 ohm speaker and the other 6ohm speaker = 10/2 = 5ohms for two and if i put three speakers 6+6+4/2= 5.6666666667 so my quesition here is, am i doing this right and three speakers at 5.6 ohms will be louder than 2 speakers at 5 ohms???
thanks alot guys..

Frankfort, Ky Us

Post Number: 9
H:ahah! Im sorry, thats just freaking awesome! five speakers on one amp! More speakers on a series parallel circuit lowers sensitivity but gives you more wattage capacity. Go with "more is better" ! lol as long as you have an amp to provide power. always check your calculations with a multimeter though.

Post Number: 7
ok thanks alot :P
my dad is bringing a multumeter tonight :P
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us