1000 wtt nitro amp?

Username: Austin201195

Post Number: 1
I have a 1000wtt nitro amp that i got used and it didnt have a remote with it and i dont know how to hook it up. is the remote necessary and could you tell me how to hook it up?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 933
No, a remote is not required when using an amplifier. I would actually suggest not using a remote anyway.

When installing your amplifier, there are just a few steps you will need to perform, but first, make sure you have everything to install it properly first. You will need a power cable that will be long enough to go from the battery to the location of the amplifier, a negative cable which should be roughly a foot in length, an rca & rem cable, an inline fuse in the approperiate size for your amplifier, and the tools to install it all.

Once you have all of this, I would first start by disconnecting your battery. This way you will not need to worry about damaging any components.

Next you will need to install the inline fuse within 12 inches of the battery. Once that is done, you can run the power cable to your amplifier.

Next, you can focus on finding a location to install your negative cable on bare metal. The best result you can get it to drill a hole through the chasis and bolt it down. If you do decide to do this, be sure you will not be drilling into any important components of your vehicle like your gas tank or brake lines.

Next, you will be installing your rca & rem cables. Make sure to run these cables down the opposite side of the vehicle that you installed your power cable on. Your rca cables will plug into the back of your deck, and your rem cable can be either spliced into your switched power cable on the back of your deck, or simple install it on your stereo fuse in your fuse box.

Once done, you can wire up your subwoofers, and reattatch your battery and if you did this right, you should be in buisness.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I hooked it up to my friends car cause he's got all that done but turns out the amp is in protection mode. What's the remote even for?

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 934
The remote is to control the gain on the amplifer. The higher the setting, the higher the output and vis versa.

There should be a gain setting on the amplifier itself. Set it to a specific level and don't touch it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Well it looks almost like a phone jack type thing and it says remote above it. Wouldn't that control the on/off and stuff?

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 938
No, that Phone Jack slot is for the Remote that you do not have.

If you look directly to the right of the Remote slot, you have the LPF, X-Over, HPF, Bass-Boost & Level Settings.

The Bass-Boost Setting is what you would be adjusting since you do not have the Remote.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
What if I didn't want the subs on? Would I just have to diaconect the amp?

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 944
You can either remove the Inline Fuse or disconnect the amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us