Amp comparable to Memphis PR1000D/good sub amp

Sandy
Unregistered guest
I need an amp that will power my 2 audiobahn 10's. (I know they suck but it wasn't my choice) Originally we had a memphis PR1000D amp (1000 watts supposedly) but it was defective so the dealer sent it back to memphis for a replacement and long story short we still have no AMP!! Which means no bass!! It's been over 5 weeks and we're pretty unhappy with the dealer right now. The system is in our boat & we only have 2 more months of summer here so we're just going to go somewhere else and buy a different amp in the $400-$450 range. Any suggestions on what kind? I've always owned Alpine amps and have been pretty happy but I would like to get the best for that price. Thanks!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3828
in the 1Kw range, look at Kicker, MTX, or Cadence.

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 24
how many watts rms are those subs rated at and how many ohms are they?

Sandy
Unregistered guest
They are rated at 1000 rms, 1 or 4 Ohm I think. My invoice says Audiobahn Alum 10. That's it!! We didn't even get the box or an owners manual from the dealer so I'm just going off the Audiobahn website. Glasswolf thanks for the reply. I thought MTX wasn't that good. We have an MTX sub in our mustang & it sounds terrible. The sub is at least 10 years old though and probably not the greatest install. I realize Amp and subs are very different too. One company can make a good amp but crappy speakers etc. I'll look into those 3 brands, thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us