Tricky as H E / /

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 64
I have an amp that is 100x4 rms @2 ohms. I wanted to run my front and rear speakers on two channels and run my 4 mounted tweeters on the other two channels. Is that a feasible set up or not?

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 167
tooooo much power to your tweeters.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
is it really? the tweeters can handle 65 rms per tweeter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
So is this a good idea or not?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3815
if you try this, wire the tweeters in series with two on each channel to present an 8 ohm load and be sure you have tehm filtered at least as high as 5000Hz to 8000Hz.

man this board is running SLOWLY lately.
every message I post takes about a minute to list.
It's making me pull out what hair I have left.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
okay specs of amp:
75x4 @4 ohms then 100x4 @2 ohms

internal crossovers:
frequency ranges from 30hz to 250hz (low), full range (for coaxial and components), and 50hz to 1khz (high) with setup of channels 1/2 (fully adjustable) and channels 3/4 (fully adjustable).

I would still need to wire the tweeters in series when they handle 65 rms per tweeter?

And for the front and rear speakers, I want to wire the front and rear speakers in parallel to get the full 2 ohms rms from the amp.

what suggestions now?

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 149
buy four cross overs and set up one for each speaker/tweeter combo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
okay the front are 2 ways, rear are 3 way, and the tweeters are separate. What I was thinking is the wire the front and rear speakers parallel with the x-over switched to full while the tweeters are ran parallel and move that x-over to high pass to get the full 2 ohms since they are 65 rms per tweeter. Besides would that mess the amp up if two channels are running 2 ohms while the other channels are running 4-8 ohms. the amp is 2 ohm stable I thought that all channels would need to be equal in ohms, right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
any suggestions now?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us