JayJ,Glasswolf,Who makes quality amp kits???

Anonymous

Ok, there is a sound quality difference between Sony woofers and JL woofers. Soundstorm amps and Soundstream amps. Audiobahn head units and Pioneer head units. All of these things make a difference. But does the amp kit affect sound quality? Are there amp kit companies that make high quality amp kits and garbage companies that make shi tty amp kits? I need to know because I'm real close to buying a kit from walmart or of ebay. My friend said that amp kits are all pretty much the same so it doesn't make sense to pay crazy sound shop prices. I need a four gage kit. Also if anyone knows where I can get good kits for cheap let me know. All advice is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 256
Yea pretty much all amp kits are gonna be the same. Ive never any question to spend a good amount of money on my wiring. The only way I would spend a good amount of money is if it was for competion or something.

Check out www.knukonceptz.com and get their 4 gauge amp kit. One of the best ones out there and total will be like 37.50 shipped to your door in 2-3 days. Thats what I would do and im sure the others would agree with me.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 139
i would agree but there are differences between companies. The RCA cables are what make the biggest difference from one kit to another. How well they are sheiled to stop noise is always important. The number of strands in your wiring is also important. knukoncetz is like over 2000 so they are awesome kits and I plan on buying for my three amp install.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3801
you want a high wire count on the power cable. the more wires the cable uses to constitute the gauge of cable, the more current it'll handle, and the more supple the cable will be to route around bends.
for interconnects you'd want twisted pair, or triple shielded just to reject noise.
otherwise, they're mostly the same.
just look at cable length included, price, what it comes with, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 291
I like Streetwires kits. I don't know why though. I have never had any problems with them.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 145
there is also www.stingerelectronics.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us