Upgrading System, Input Welcome!

Username: Bigtony08

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Coupe, and I am looking to upgrade my system. The system is pretty basic, but has done pretty well for me. I'm just looking to get a better setup now. I want to go for SQ as much as possible, but want to stick to a $700'ish budget total.

Currently I am running:

HU- Sony CDX-GT630UI
Sub- Rockford Prime R1S410 powered from a Rockford R150-2
Speakers- Stock Bose all the way around (5.25" comps Front and 6x9" Rear) powered off the HU

I am looking to replace the fronts for sure with either 5.25" using the stock mounts or mod it out to be able to fit the 6.5" speakers in (can 5.25" give you desired midbass?). I want to replace these with SQ comps in the $250-$300 range.

For the rears, I'm unsure if I want to keep them, or just run the fronts. I kind of just want to run SQ fronts that can give me some midbass without having to run the rears, then have the sub pick up the lows.

I know this is a speaker forum, but if I could get some input on a sub combo to compliment the fronts, that would be much appreciated. I mostly listen to metal/rock, with the occasional hip hop thrown in. I think I want to stick to the 10" size, but again, input is helpful. I want SQ inside, not SPL out.

Again, any help is appreciated by all. I've been looking around for awhile now, but just can't find the right equipment.

V/R

Tony

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16945
just run a set of components and get these you wont be disappointed

http://cgi.ebay.com/DLS-UP-6i-6-5-2-WAY-HIGH-END-CAR-COMPONENT-SYSTEM-/110589337 459?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item19bfa35f73
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us