Apline 6x9 speakers.

Username: Frenchee

Campbell, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a sonny xplod deck. It has 4x52 watt channels.
First of all I drive a 1970 bmw 2002. It has no sound system really,,,
So I put in this Sony deck. I also attached my alpine type r 6x9 speakers. They sounded terrible!! My friends alpine type r 6x9 with his kenwood 4x50 watt deck blew mine away. Atleast 20 times better. Mine felt like they were on volume 7. Any bass and they sounded like they were gonna explode.

So I installed 6 inch sony xplod speakers and those work great.
How come my 6x9's dont work. I have them in boxes because my car has no holes for them. The boxes are made for 6x9's.
I checked the wiring and it seems to be right. Im gonna check again tomorrow.

Am I not getting enough power to the deck? I just found a small wire under my ignition to plug the deck into. How can I check the voltage?

PS: I barely see my speakers move. If i turn it up past a certain point they crackle. I bought these new. They never sounded right. So I doubt i blew them.
THANKS!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16762
6x9's are really made for free air so putting them in a small box instead of the back deck isnt going to make them perform the same

Username: Frenchee

Campbell, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Okay. So Im going to connect one of my 6x9's tomorrow and just let the magnet sit on flat surface? and see how that sounds? I really doubt thats what it is but Ill give it a shot.

Other ideas to try are welcomed.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16949
mount them in a rear deck if you can....sitting on the surface will do nothing
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us