Will i blow something up ?

Username: Sqcivic

Post Number: 6
If I have a set of herts hsk 165xl(150w rms) bridged to an alpine pdx f4(200 rms) with my HU highpass set to off and only crossing over at the hertz crossovers? Help me! Help me please!! No sub.. Yet. Just one amp and one set of components

Post Number: 7
*crickets* *crickets*

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 312
UH dont go bridged you lose right/left fade and staging...

Post Number: 8
I split the RCA's. @ the amplifier so I still have R/L

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

New Ipswich, NH USA

Post Number: 314
BAD BAD BAD idea... I am telling you do NOT bridge the amp if you want right and left... you lose all staging when you bridge the amp it turns it mono... you do NOT want to do this. you should get a 2ch amp for the right wattage to power your speakers. use this amp and bridge you rear speakers and run them mono band passed. that is how you should do it...

Bronze Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 90
If I understand this correctly, hes bridging a 4 channel amp to create a 2-channel amp, which will not cause him to lose L/R.

The crossover that came with the components is fine. You don't need a HU crossover. Just be aware that that amp can put out alot of clean power, so you could potentially fry those speakers without ever clipping them. Just tune the amp right and you will be fine. http://www.thesuicidaleggroll.com/gain.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
^yes!! That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm just afraid that the Hertz x-over might allow frequencies through that the speakers maybe shouldn't be playing. With the HU high pass filter turned off those things hit HARD and LOW! Sounds like I have a small sub in the mix. They don't get muddy or anything, but I've never heard a 6.5" woofer hit like that. I'm just concerned that they may get damaged.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
BTW, thanks alonzoub for the helpful link

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16947
welcome to the forum sqcivic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help