Pyramid Mosfet Amplifier Cuts Out

Username: Blaze88

Post Number: 1
I have a 1000watt 2channel Pyramid Mosfet amplifier powering two 10" Mtx Roadthunder subs, 2 gauge power and ground wires, everything is hooked up properly or appears to be, i have all gains between quarter and half, but when i turn my volume up to half it cuts out and i have to shut my head unit off and turn it back on to turn the amp on? any advice would be great!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5434
turn the gain down. What do you mean? ( I have all the gains...) There should only be one gain...
Also that amp is entry level, so you should shant expect reliable performance from it...

The Specs..
2 x 50 Watts Total Output @ 4 Ohms
1000 Watts Total System Output @ 4 Ohms
Variable Gain Control
MOSFET Pulse Width Modulated Power Supply
2 Ohm Stereo Stable

Are you subs single or dual voice coil?

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 680
If you want an honest opinion, you need to upgrade everything! When your ready let us know your budget, SQ or SPL and anything else you can think of.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1484
Could be running the amp at an unstable ohm load and/or a bad ground for the amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Hqh17

US

Post Number: 21
1. that amp doesnt need 2 gauge wire
2. are they single or dual voice coil?
3. are you aware that in your current configuration your amp is putting out less than 100 watts rms (assuming your subs are single coil) and your subs combined are rated for 400?
4. are you sure the voltage from your head unit matches what your amp is expecting for the inputs?

Username: Jays4lyfe

Los Angeles, CA US

Post Number: 1
I need some expert advice! Heres my situation! I dont know much about car audio at all, I have a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe with a JVC KW-AVX830 2-DIN 7" dash unit, 2 Pioneer Premier 1600 watt peak - 800 watt rms with a Spl 2200 watt mono D 2 ohm amp - 1100 rms, The amp gets hot and shuts down and I have to keep my seat down so that air can cool the amp. So Im looking to upgrade and this is what Im looking to upgrade to; Kenwood Excelon X1200M 2400W Mono Subwoofer Amplifier, 4 ohms: 800 watts x 1 chan, 2 ohms: 1200 watts x 1 chan, Max power output: 2400 watts x 1 chan, Dual Drive, Variable infrasonic filter, Dual Power Supply or Rockford Fosgate R1000-1D (R10001D) Prime Series 1000 Watt Amplifier Class: D
Number of Channels : 1-CHANNEL
RMS Power Output @ 4 Ohms : 500 watts x 1
RMS Power Output @ 2 Ohms : 1000 watts x 1
Bridgable : No
The Kenwood has a cooling fan built in and the Fosgate doesnt which should I use to push this 1 woofer?( Cerwin-Vega STROKER 122 12" Dual 2 ohm ) or should I use this woofer (Cerwin Vega 12" Dual 4 Ohm STROKER Series Car Subwoofer
RMS: 1200 watts
Peak: 2400 watts
Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm
Also I cant afford the big3 upgrade so I was thinking of using this capasitor; BRAND NEW BOSS CAP10 10 Farad Digital Car Hybrid Power Capacitor
16 Volts DC Operation
20 Volts DC Surge
Blue 3 Digit Voltage Display
Audible Tone For Reverse Polarity
Voltage Overload and Low Battery Protection
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us