Alpine PDX-5

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 51
So after debating for months on what I wanted for my system in my car, I finally bought the last piece I needed for it. I just ordered an Alpine PDX-5, and I think I am going to be pretty happy with it.

I am stationed in Japan and the system I have been putting together is in my Nissan Pulsar hatchback I use for work. The alternator died on it last summer, so it had a new one(not high output) installed. Car parts are very expensive over here, so I wanted good sound without having to upgrade to a high output alternator(which are crazy expensive here) and without putting too much stress on the current one.

I know a Class-D will probably never sound as good as a Class A/B amplifier, but I think the PDX-5 suits my needs for my situation. I also realize there are several other choices out there as far as 5-channel amplifiers out there, and I have researched them and already made my choice. I would just like to know if anyone has ever owned, or at least heard a setup powered by a PDX-5 and what their opinions of it are. Any input would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1417
The alpine amp will produce clean sound, even with being a class d amplifier. Class D amps have came a long ways, 4 channel amps now adays are even being made using class D technology so they're more efficient and can come in smaller packages. The alpine is a great choice for power, size and quality of sound. I think you'll be happy with it. No worries.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us