Help deciding

Username: Nando17

Long Island, NY

Post Number: 7
I made a thread about a 2 weeks ago saying i was going to get two type R's. Well, I noted my trunk space and wallet and changed my mind lol. Now i want just one 15" type R, and im getting a Hifonics HFi1000d. I know people here will probably say there are better amps, but thats my target price range :/. Now, i want to know if i should wire it at 2ohms(750w) or 1ohm(1000w). I ask because im sure hifonics overrates their wattage, so maybe i should go for 1ohm, but would i be sacrificing SQ by doing that? Also i still need to find a box, if anyone can point me in the right direction for that thanks

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 255
how much are you spending on the amp, sub, box and wiring?

Username: Nando17

Long Island, NY

Post Number: 8
Just realized i put this in the wrong section lol. Can someone move this to subs? And @ricky i want to stay around $450/500

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 262
Hey man dont sweat it... so here is the deal... Single Fi Q 12" dual 2, cooling, spider... 249$ http://www.caraudioxperts.com/p53738/hifonics-bxi1210d-1200-watts-1-channel-ampl ifier/product_info.html $150

http://cgi.ebay.com/XAK-2500-2000-WATT-AMP-KIT-4-Ga-GAUGE-WIRING-/370397646507?p t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563d6b8eab $22.50

Total: 432.00 plus shipping for sub... and a box...

Got you close...

Now if you dont think you need the Q you could do... SSD 12" dual 2, flat wound, BP power... $229 bring you down to 412. plus shipping for the sub and box...

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 520
the q would be a great choice, or tc sounds should have some epics available in like 3 days and i think that would be an even better choice.
thats if you want sound quality, the tc sounds, or the fi q is your best choice.
a type r 15 will get loud, but wont really sound that great,and besides the other subs mentioned are better and cheaper.

but stay away from the hifi amp, your just getting a crappy amp that does no power and will break on you. the bxi1200d would be just fine and a huge upgrade

Bronze Member
Username: Nghisus

Post Number: 26
Don't get hung up on the Type R's, they need a whole lot of clean juice to sound decent. I would go with some of the other recommendations if you're not getting a top notch amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us