Need new speakers for my car

Username: Gdipilato

Post Number: 1
I have a 1999 monte carlo with the factory 5.25 front speakers and rear 6 x 9 and a kenwood stereo with 22w x 4 rms rating. i listen to mostly rock and the speakers do pretty good up to a certain volume but as soon as i try to play rap they just distort like crazy. the woofers are just tired. i have been looking at upgrades for months now and i just cant decide. i have talked to alot of people and they all say different probably false things. im on a pretty strict budget. i do plan on adding a sub but that will be next year for now i just want good clean undistorted sound. here are my ideas

Pioneer TS-G1343R
Pioneer TS-A6963R

Kicker 07DS5250
Kicker 07DS6930

Polk Audio DB521
Polk Audio DB691

so far thats what ive been looking at. my budget for all four speakers is no more than 125. im leaning towards the pioneers as they seem to have the best reviews.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

KY USA

Post Number: 725
I would get a compnent set for the front for sure. This will sperate the midrange and the tweeter via an external crossover and offers better staging capabilities.

Username: Gdipilato

Post Number: 2
i might get components in the future but for right now i just cant afford them. what speakers for the time being would be good for the front and back. if there is a cheaper component set i could get then i would do that but they seem a lot more expensive
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us