Sundown Audio amps

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1384
I just bought the SAZ 1500D I had been looking at. It's working fine but I've got a couple questions, since I have had no previous experience with them. One is, how do you know where the LPF is set when there is no gauge to go by? All I can do is turn the dial, but not sure exactly what Hz I'm at. Second is, normally when I ran a amp mono, I wired to the two outer-most terminals. On the Sundown though, the two outer-most are positive (+) and the inner ones are negative (-). I have my subs hooked up to just one channel. I know the channels bridge inside the amp reguardless but I just found that to be different than other amps I've experienced. Overall the amp I got is in good shape, its definitely not mint condition but its not rough either. I paid the guy $225 for it, he wanted $250 but $225 was all I was going to give for it. The only thing I noticed that looks a little rough is the gain adjustment. It turns just fine but it looks chewed up. I'll post pics tomorrow once I get it set up properly. It's dark and freezing out now.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1385
Going to set up the amp this morning. I figured I could use a test tone to set the LPF filter with. I went to RoE and could only find a 70 Hz, that's close enough to 60 for me. Then I got the 1 kHz for the components amp. I was thinking of hooking up the rl-p just to make sure its working properly, just being easy since it will be in free air.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11647
Looks like you got it figured out, I was going to say use test tones to set it.

And there is only one channel. As you already said those terminals join together inside the amp.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1386
I cleaned the amp up this morning and set it up for the Pheonix Golds that are in my trunk for the moment. I've got it doing 450 rms at 2.3 ohm (what the subs read at). The subs are rated for 200 rms each, so I figure 450 allows for any voltage drop. I've gotta say, this amp is impressing me so far. It made these PG subs slam. They may not sound quite as good but I'd say the output is almost that of what my w7 was. Huge difference in output. I took a video of the amp pushing the PG and of the rl-p. Uploading now.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1388

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1389
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1008
Looks to be in pretty good shape from the pics.
Good price too. Are you just waiting on a box for the rl-p? When you get that all together i def want to see a vid.

Gold Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1390
Yeah a box and a battery. I figure I can run the rl-p at 500 rms or so until I upgrade my alt.

Username: Yakira

Post Number: 1
I cleaned the amp up this morning and set it up for the Pheonix Golds that are in my trunk for the moment. I've got it doing 450 rms at 2.3 ohm (what the subs read at). The subs are rated for 200 rms each, so I figure 450 allows for any voltage drop. I've gotta say, this amp is impressing me so far. It made these PG subs slam. They may not sound quite as good but I'd say the output is almost that of what my w7 was. Huge difference in output. I took a video of the amp pushing the PG and of the rl-p. Uploading now.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16271
new name
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us