Alpine cda-117

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 503
anything in the $250 price range that is better than this? Ive always been a huge fan of alpine decks and i want this one, since its basically the latest and greatest sound quality deck alpine makes.

also what type of quality difference in music would i hear if i had the alpine cda-117 installed and then decide to switch to an alpine iva-d310 or an alpine iva-w205? both of those are touch screens but only have 2 volt outpus, and i believe they have no processing.
wondering if i want the "look" of having touchscreen in my car, or if i will lose too much quality to do so.
not sure on my speaker choice yet. going to be dls up front and dls in the back. and going to use a dls amp to power the speakers.
looking to have some great sound for my next install

Bronze Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 37
The CDA-117 will only make a difference if the rest of your system and your recordings are top-notch.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 504
decided im using dls comps up front and in the back, with a dls amp powering the speakers.
i figure i should just do the alpine, i just put a different alpine in my car today and it would be a pain to make a double din fit even though i just about have enough space to do it

Bronze Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 38
If you are using higher end series from DLS then you will easily hear the difference between say a 9886 and the 117. If you think your system sounds ok now with that older Alpine HU and you want to have better features and looks then go for a video deck, depending on what HU you are replacing, the video deck may even sound somewhat better. If you would like best possible sound quality then an active setup based on a 9887 (similar price) would be best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us