Touch screen hu

Username: Jprosser1

Sioux City, Iowa United States

Post Number: 8
I am looking into upgrading to a new 7in flip out touch screen monitor deck, but I live in the middle of iowa where it does get pretty cold during the winter time. I know a few people here who have touch screen lcds. Just wondering if it would be wise to purchase one or if the chances of it cracking in the winter are good.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5474
They can take some pretty extreme temps. To date, I haven't seen an LCD crack from below freezing temps (within limits, of course). Have your friend's LCD screens cracked?

Username: Jprosser1

Sioux City, Iowa United States

Post Number: 9
not to my knowledge, just figured i would ask because my vehicle does not stay in a garage

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5477
Yeah, you'll be fine. In my years as an electronics tech, I never saw this problem.

Username: Minderaser66

Milford, Connecticut United States

Post Number: 3
An lcd screen could crack if you exposed it to a rapid temp change but just sitting outside in the frozen car shouldn't crack it. I live in the N.E.and never experienced a cracked screen.

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Post Number: 1227
Technically you don't live in the middle of Iowa if you live in Sioux City :-P. That's practically South Dakota. But I get your point. I'm an Iowa boy too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us