RCA Terminals at Fault?

Username: Xaceofspades999x

Post Number: 6
I have a '06 Kicker ZX750.1 that i purchased about 10 months ago on craigslist. Everything seemed to be working well but for the past month there has been an intermittent cut out of my subs... after checking the cause i found out that the RCAs seemed to be at fault and so i changed the RCA cables but was still having the problem.

The subs would cut out randomly while i was driving and i noticed it was typically from potholes, speed bumps, etc. I noticed that once the bass would cut out, the would cut back in when the bass notes seemed to be deeper. I also noticed that when they would not cut back in automatically, i pushed the RCAs into the amp then everything would magically work and if i turned the head unit up to a certain volume then it would cut back in. I have been playing my music much lower then usual and have realized that the bass begins to cut out after usage of the amp for a while.

I have used two different head units and have the same problem and have checked all the wiring several times over... the amp has the green power light on it the entire time and i have not seen it go red once. I opened the amp and everything seems to be in order as it should and nothing is burnt. I am currently running 2 12" Fi X-series subs in a ported box.

Post Number: 7
Well here is a pic of the amp i have and another of its interior... hope this helps!

Upload

Post Number: 8
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jaymoung

Michigan

Post Number: 74
did you try replacing the rca you might need to get a better quality rca ive had this happen to me the rca was bad also not mounting your amp could cause this problem

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 14203
gain could be turned too far up, wiring (ground) cound be loose, or you could have a cold solder joint on the PCboard.

Post Number: 9
I already replaced the RCAs and the problem was still there and the amp has been mounted on the back of my sub box... as for the gain it is only up half way and well i checked all the wiring but i might hook it all up again to see wat happens. Sry for the ignorance but cold solder joint?

Bronze Member
Username: A_lopez

Denver, Colorado Usa

Post Number: 20
i'll say remote wire broken internal is not doing good contact

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15874
if its the remote wire tag it into the positive wire and it will stay on then you can get a switch to turn the power off and on

Post Number: 10
well i hooked it back up just laying against the box and everything seems to be working perfectly again so gonna bolt it all up and hopefully it was just something dumb that was overlooked.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15957
if it is the rcas themselves you could send it back to kicker to be repaired
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us